Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Operations SpecialistApply Glorya Kaufman School of Dance Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California is seeking applicants for the position of Operations Specialist for the USC Glorya Kaufman School of Dance. In 2012, USC received a transformational gift from philanthropist Glorya Kaufman to establish a new conservatory-style school of dance. USC Kaufman marks the first new school to open at USC in close to 40 years. In fall 2015, the school opened its doors to its first cohort of students pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts. The following fall, the school officially opened its doors to the newly-built facilities, the Glorya Kaufman International Dance Center.
The duties of the Operations Specialist will include assisting with and coordinating the administration of events, convenings, and partnership activities, working with vendors such as florists, furniture rentals, and caterers, and providing support for general operational and facilities’ needs. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and working closely with the Chief Operating Officer, s/he will engage with all divisions of USC Kaufman, including academic programs, student life, admissions, recruitment, advancement, and strategic partnerships. S/he will assist in short and long term planning and design of projects and events, will recommend methods and protocols to ensure quality control for Kaufman events, and will monitor the status of project goals from start to finish. The ideal candidate has a background in all facets of event planning and coordination, as well as the ability to provide administrative support in the areas of operations and facilities. Competitive candidates will be accurate, detail-oriented, and self-motivated, as well as problem-solvers and team players. S/he will have strong verbal communication and customer service skills, as well as a basic knowledge of catering terms and event budgeting. Experience working in dance, the performing arts and/or within a university setting is strongly preferred.
- Works collaboratively with USC Kaufman staff and/or faculty to organize, schedule, and implement events and convenings for a range of activities and scales;
- interfaces with faculty and/or staff and external contacts necessary to complete assigned projects and events or for information exchange;
- arranges and attends meetings related to assigned activities and makes presentations as needed;
- coordinates relationships with external vendors and professionals in the field;
- assists in developing, organizing, and maintaining events calendars and itineraries;
- researches, gathers and organizes data in preparation for event and project plans;
- writes and submits status reports, event reports, and summary reports and makes recommendations for incorporation into future event-related processes;
- provides leadership, guidance, and supervision to staff, student workers, and/or volunteers; leads others in planning and delivery of events and operations projects;
- prepares and monitors guest reservations for events and activities;
- communicates directly with guests to ensure seamless experiences when attending USC Kaufman events;
- assists in management of box office and front of house staff for presentations; works with USC Advancement on VIP seating and check-in;
- completes related projects and activities in a timely fashion;
- works a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekend events, as necessary;
- performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
1 years directly related project or administrative experience. Experience in event planning, coordination and/or assistance of events and personnel, and customer service.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Masters degree in arts administration, business, communications, marketing/public relations.3 years related experience in event planning, coordination and/or assistance of events and personnel, customer service, box office or front of house experience. Knowledge of dance as an art form and commonly used dance terminology. Experience working in various types and scales of events within an arts organization or in a university setting.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 years directly related project or administrative experience. Experience in event planning, coordination and/or assistance of events and personnel, and customer service. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related project or administrative experience.
Preferred Experience: Masters degree in arts administration, business, communications, marketing/public relations. 3 years related experience in event planning, coordination and/or assistance of events and personnel, customer service, box office or front of house experience. Knowledge of dance as an art form and commonly used dance terminology. Experience working in various types and scales of events within an arts organization or in a university setting.
REQ20047072 Posted Date: 11/02/2017 Apply