Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Ophthalmology Ambulatory Services Manager - Ophthalmology - Full Time 8 Hour DaysApply USCKH - Derm/Plastics Clinic Los Angeles, California
The Ophthalmology Ambulatory Services Manager is accountable for the quality of patient care, efficiency of operations, and human resources management for the ophthalmology clinic. Patient care services are carried out in partnership with administration, other departments, and medical staff.
The clinic manager will maintain operational alignment with organizational goals and compliance with regulatory agency requirements. They will manager and lead daily operations of assigned area(s), promote a positive and professional environment, supervise/coach all clinic staff, maintain a stable and productive team, involve staff at all levels in shared decision making, ensure all employee educational requirements are met, lead/facilitate continuous process improvement, actively measure processes and performance, and make data driven decisions.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) certificate required
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
• 2 years experience in managing people and day-to-day operations.
• 5+ years experience in acute or ambulatory setting and ophthalmology service experience required.
• 5+ years of experience as a certified ophthalmic technician (COT) Required
• Strong critical and strategic thinking, analytical and planning skills
• Proficient in computer skills, MSO and Internet use required
• Excellent people management skills; ability to motivate and challenge staff; good decision making skills; high frustration and ambiguity tolerance; ability to bridge the gap between administrative demands and clinical needs; high skill and experience in process improvement.
Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date. Current BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA. Valid COT cert required
REQ20052791 Posted Date: 11/01/2017 Apply