At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Plumber Journeyman, LA ColiseumApply Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Los Angeles, California
Nicknamed The Greatest Stadium in the World, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has hosted college football, professional football, two Olympics, a World Series game and numerous concerts since 1923. As the home for Trojan Football, the Coliseum has become a symbol for University excellence and spirit. USC has committed $270 million to Coliseum renovations to guarantee its continuing presence as a premiere stadium well into the future, serving all Angelenos and Trojans alike.
We are seeking a Plumber Journeyman to join our rapidly growing team.
Have you spent years honing your craft? Are you an experienced plumber? Then this is the job for you! As the Plumber Journeyman at the Coliseum, you will be in charge of ensuring that our plumbing system and equipment is in excellent condition. Our team will count on your knowledge and expertise to lead and train us. Your work will be vital in guaranteeing that our guests have an exceptional experience with us!
- Install, repair, and maintain plumbing system and equipment utilizing a variety of plumbing tools and equipment. Work from blueprints, specifications, and schematic diagrams.
- Make repairs and/or determine replacement of equipment.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, and/or modify plumbing installations.
- Maintain clean job site throughout duration and clean up job site following work completion. Maintain safe working conditions for self and others. Store and maintain supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Train other journeymen, Zone Maintenance Technicians, or other employees specific skills and tasks, as required.
- Prepare reports and/or maintenance records, as needed.
- Respond to on-call emergencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma. Completion of 4 year apprenticeship program.
- Experience: 2 years.
- 4 years of experience as a trade-related trainee may substitute for completion of 4 year apprenticeship program.
- Experience as Journeyman.
- Experience performing standard trade-related procedures.
- General knowledge of trade-related methods, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Familiar with city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, standard safety practices and equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
What We Prefer:
- Related undergraduate study.
- Ability to supervise and train employees.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of four year apprenticeship program
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Four years experience as a trade-related trainee may substitute for completion of a four
year apprenticeship program. Additional two years minimum experience must be as a
journeyman. Experience performing standard trade-related procedures. General
knowledge of trade-related methods, materials, tools, and equipment. Familiar with city
and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, standard safety practices and
equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety.
REQ20061953 Posted Date: 07/06/2018 Apply