At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Plumbing Assistant (PT) - Los Angeles Memorial ColiseumApply Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Los Angeles, California
Nicknamed The Greatest Stadium in the World, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has hosted college football, professional football, two Olympics, a World Series game and numerous concerts since 1923. As the home for Trojan Football, the Coliseum has become a symbol for University excellence and spirit. USC has committed $270 million to Coliseum renovations to guarantee its continuing presence as a premiere stadium well into the future, serving all Angelenos and Trojans alike.
We are seeking a part-time General Services Journeyman to join our rapidly growing team.
If you are excited about event support and facilities management, then look no further! As the Coliseum’s General Services Journeyman, you will set-up, stage, and break-down our event equipment, furniture, and promotional materials. We will rely on you ensure our staff maintains a positive, enthusiastic, and, above all, safe working environment. We are a hardworking team, and we want you to join us!
- Move, pick up, and deliver equipment, supplies and/or other materials. Arrange access for furniture moves, as needed. Relocate office furniture, equipment, machines, lab materials, etc., as needed. Install modular furniture and objects such as framed art on walls, as appropriate. Deliver and install rental equipment and furniture, as assigned. Repair custom equipment, as needed.
- Hang banners and signs from buildings and trees, as assigned. Fix plexiglass maps, as needed.
- Assist with remodeling projects, including demolition. Dispose of furniture and materials, as needed, according to University and state standards and guidelines.
- Assist with event set-up and break-down.
- Assist with or perform maintenance and/or repairs for gas/diesel powered vehicles and related equipment. Determine repair needs for vehicles, as appropriate.
- Operate forklifts and other heavy moving equipment. Operate specialized tools (e.g., jackhammers, pallet-jacks, etc.) as required.
- Assist other trades such as carpenters, painters, etc. with a variety of duties related to trade, under supervision.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma not required.
- Experience: 6 months.
- Less than one year of experience in moving furniture and general maintenance.
- Experience driving 1.5 ton trucks.
- Demonstrated ability to learn city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, University standards, and other requirements for workplace safety.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
What We Prefer:
- High School Diploma.
- 1 year of experience.
- Experience operating handheld power tools and shop/construction machinery.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Less than high school, Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: Less than one year of experience in moving furniture and general maintenance. Experience driving 1 ½ ton trucks. Demonstrated ability to learn city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, university standards and other requirements for work place safety.
REQ20049636 Posted Date: 09/11/2017 Apply