Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Financial ManagerApply ICT Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California’s Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) is seeking a Financial Manager to join our Business Office team. Reporting to the Senior Business Officer within the Institute for Creative Technologies, the Financial Manager will oversee the post-award financial activities across a complex portfolio of federal contracts and grants, subawards and service agreements, along with gifts and institutional funding.
This position supervises the accounting staff and operations for the ICT, including expenditures in payroll, purchasing, check requests, expense transfers, financial reporting, and contract and grant administration and closeout. Includes monthly analysis and reporting of account activity, budget, and future projections; interprets and explains University and extramural funding agency accounting procedures and requirements for PIs; and solves any unusual or challenging problems. Acts as departmental liaison to other key university administrative units to coordinate these actions (Sponsored Projects Accounting, Business Services, Office of Financial Analysis, etc.).
This position is located in Playa Vista, CA. A flexible, hybrid work schedule is available
Responsibilities And Duties
- Manages the accounting/financial staff and operations in the department.
- Directly or indirectly supervises all assigned subordinate staff.
- Plans and administers the departmental budget. Provides historical data and projections for budget development and planning
- Monitors, reviews, and verifies accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness, and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Oversees account reconciliations and production of regularly scheduled summary reports, income and financial statements.
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of electronic systems and procedures. Provides direction and input for the development of accounting applications, reports, forms, records and documented procedures.
Preferred Qualifications And Experience
- Experience managing post-award financial activities for federally sponsored research funds.
- Ability to review and approve high-value expenditures, provide data to generate interim and final financial reports and manage financial closeout of awards
- Advanced skills in Excel, experience with business intelligence tools and financial systems; Tableau a plus.
- Experience with Workday
- Working knowledge of service unit accounting, including rate calculations, applications, income and recharges, and special restrictions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in addition to critical-thinking abilities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, handle multiple priorities, tasks, demands and time sensitive pressurized situation
- Please submit resume and cover letter with application
We are world leaders in virtual human research, computer graphics, computer training simulations, and immersive experiences for decision-making, cultural awareness, leadership and health, located in Playa Vista, CA. ICT Employees are encouraged to develop themselves both professionally and personally, through workshops, invited guest talks, movie nights, social events, various sports teams, a private gym. The atmosphere at ICT is relaxed, informal and flexible, while encouraging initiative, personal responsibility, and a high work ethic.
Job Qualifications: Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Minimum Experience: 5 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Senior or lead bookkeeping/accounting experience with directly related college study. Thorough knowledge of established accounting principles, methods, practices and terminology used in financial/accounting and statistical record keeping work. Ability to train, evaluate and supervise the work of employees. Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and effective communications skills."
REQ20120559 Posted Date: 08/14/2022 Apply