Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Program AssistantApply Overseas Studies Los Angeles, California
The USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences is the largest and oldest of the USC schools, and functions as the academic core of the university, offering courses and advancing knowledge across the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
The Office of Overseas Studies is seeking a Program Assistant to join its team.
Assists in planning and implementation of services and activities specific to the Office of Overseas Studies.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manages busy front office. Hires, trains, and schedules student workers.Schedules appointments and manages walk-in traffic.Screens and prioritizes incoming calls and email; responds to inquiries or requests for information as appropriate.
- Provides general information to prospective study abroad students on the available study abroad programs, eligibility requirements, the application process, funding sources, and program costs.Guides students to the appropriate study abroad advisor or other campus office for more detailed information and advice.Interacts with and provides program information to parents.
- Manages study abroad program application process.Manages several databases such as the application database and course history database.
- Coordinates program services and/or activities. Schedules meetings and/or events. Takes the lead in organizing events such as study abroad fairs, information sessions, pre-departure orientations, and welcome back events.Provides leadership and guidance for student workers and/or volunteers. Arranges with vendors for services. Orders materials and supplies.Ensures satisfactory follow through on assigned areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates production and distribution of program materials including meeting agendas, reports, informational materials, marketing materials, etc.Produces flyers and other print materials. Updates the Overseas Studies website as needed using a web content management system.Manages a library of photographs and video clips for use on the website and in other promotional materials.
- Researches and gathers information for program purposes which may include program effectiveness, client needs assessment, budget preparation, etc. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Submits recommendations and prepares reports, as assigned.
- Performs initial processing of invoices and study abroad transcripts.Assists in program budget preparation and administration.Researches costs.Tracks and monitors budget expenditures.Reports on variances.
- Provides student services by responding to inquiries and requests for information regarding specific program functions.
- Coordinates program services with other offices and staff on campus.Serves as a resource for program information.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Full-time employment in a student services or programs office at a college or university.
Managing a front desk in a busy office environment.
Managing student workers.
Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite (esp. Access and Excel).
Experience with basic website content management.
Demonstrated interest in different cultures, world geography, and international affairs.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Administrative support systems
Benefits include a competitive salary, a rich array of USC benefits including healthcare (including dental and vision), 403(b), tuition reimbursement, national holidays, paid vacation and more.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.
Required Applicant Documents
If you are interested, please submit your application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Thank you for your interest!
REQ20068687 Posted Date: 12/05/2018 Apply