Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Programmer Analyst IApply Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute Los Angeles, California
The USC Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute Center for Integrative Connectomics (USC INI CIC) develops multimodal connectomes of the mammalian brain. Our multidisciplinary group furthermore advances understanding of connectivity patterns under conditions of underlying health and disease. We employ a unique computational approach to systematically reveal the way brain structures organize, communicate, and influence behavior.
USC INI CIC wants you to help us with a new and historic collaboration, focused on characterizing neuronal cell types based on their connectivity, shape and genetic profile. This Programmer Analyst position will focus on web publication and visualization development. In addition, you will help determine the format of the data, and elements of the processing workflow.
An Agile team of faculty, staff programmers and laboratory technicians is currently in place, and has previously built smaller scale, similarly functioning workflows. Our team employs frequent collection of feedback, rapid prototyping and a high degree of test coverage. If you find an engaging, multidisciplinary environment to be appealing, you will do well here.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Following design specifications to code, test, debug, install, document, and maintain software applications.
• Developing new and enhanced functionality for software applications.
• Interfacing with users to determine their software application objectives, scope and requirements.
• Performing work of moderate complexity and handling most activities under general supervision of more experienced programming staff.
• 1+ years full-stack web development experience including front-end, back-end.
• Experience with Django is highly preferred.
• Experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework (preferably: AngularJS, Cassandra, React, NoSQL).
• Experience with an RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL).
• Experience with version control fundamentals (e.g. GIT, HG, SVN).
• Experience with Agile methodology.
• Experience with Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration .
• Strong understanding of fundamental web service technologies including XML, SOA, and REST is highly preferred.
• Strong software integration experience.
• Good taste with respect to code quality.
• Passionate about performance, reliability and scalability.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: General knowledge of programming and documentation procedures and programming methods and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages.
REQ20051997 Posted Date: 10/12/2017 - Thru date - 10/31/2017 Apply