Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Programmer Analyst IVApply Libraries Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC) Libraries seeking a Programmer Analyst IV to provide library support functions as a member of the Integrated Library Systems (ILS), Library IT. Reporting to the Director of Integrated Library Systems and working collaboratively with other functional areas, this position oversees libraries’ EZproxy access and authentication service used by Health Science Libraries, Law Library, and USC Libraries. The incumbent will further participate in the operation of libraries’ Alma management system and Primo discovery service, the connectivity of electronic resources, the resolution of patron’s e-resource accessing problems, and the campus-wide SAML single-sign on services.
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make this a top tier university
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Reporting to Director, Integrated Library Systems, the incumbent will:
- Leads the management of EZproxy and its interoperability with core library systems, including ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service, Alma Link Resolver service, Third Iron LibKey Discovery service, Aeon Request and Workflow Management System, and ERes Electronic Reserve system, in supporting the access to and management of libraries’ electronic resources.
- Serves as the ILS lead of or technical specialist for library services related to campus-wide identity and access management, including global directory service, single-sign-on service, WorkDay, Student Information System, iVIP guest accounts, and USCard Services.
- Participates in the support and troubleshooting of issues reported by patrons on accessing library electronic resources and services.
- Participates in the management of Alma library management system and Primo discovery service.
- Liaisons with library units that select and acquire electronic resources, curate digital collections, develop metadata records, and support patron’s access to library resources.
- Collaborates with USC Information Technology Service and vendors/service providers and follows procedures and procedures to ensure application security.
- Performs regular functional testing and scheduled software and SSL upgrades with minimum obstruction.
- Ensures the healthy operation of key ILS systems by monitoring system and network performance and security.
- Designs and develops applications using scripting languages to meet specific user group needs.
- Engages with the library community related to updates, changes to protocols, and relevant topics that may impact users
- Technical support for content mining projects and initiatives (specifically related to third-party vendor platforms in conjunction with the Associate Dean, Collections)
- Advises Director, Integrated Library Systems in resource allocations, devising solutions, and monitoring progress.
- Stays informed of changes in technology by participating in campus IT, security, and global directory management and projects; engaging in professional and/or discipline organizations, meetings, and seminars; monitoring pertinent publications and online discussion forums; maintaining contact with vendors.
- Provides evening and weekend services.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five years of experience in IT or library related field.
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience in programming, scripting, and data analysis
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols, metadata standards.
- Experience and knowledge in project planning and management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Aptitude for detail and accuracy.
- Evidence of a strong customer-service orientation within an academic setting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, respect and inclusion.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- American Library Association accredited MLS degree.
- Experience in working with integrated library system, library discovery service, and link-resolver system.
- Knowledge of general library operations.
- Experience in detecting unauthorized access to protected resources.
As part of the application, candidates must upload one document file (Word or PDF) that contains the following: 1) a cover letter, 2) Resume (including telephone and e-mail address).
USC is an equal-opportunity educator and employer, proudly pluralistic and firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding persons of every race, gender, creed and background. The university particularly encourages members of underrepresented groups, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. USC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Further information is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Combined work experience and education as equivalent Minimum Experience: 5 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Relevant work experience providing strong technical knowledge of programming and analysis, and senior or lead experience.
REQ20105457 Posted Date: 08/22/2021 Apply