Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As one of the city’s largest private employers, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Public Communications SpecialistApply Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism Los Angeles, California
The Pacific Council on International Policy seeks to hire a Communications Specialist to support the Pacific Council's operation and project-based communications.
The Communications Specialist will play a key role in supporting the Pacific Council’s operational and project-based communications. This individual will be responsible for producing engaging and accessible content for a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, as well as the general public. By embodying the Pacific Council’s values, the Communications Specialist will ensure that marketing and communications efforts align with the organization’s mission and goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create compelling and accessible content for the Pacific Council website, email newsletters, and social media accounts that effectively communicates with the Pacific Council’s members and the public.
- Provide support for social media outreach, including monitoring, tracking traffic and messages, and conducting impact analysis.
- Continuously evaluate emerging communication platforms and make recommendations based on impact analysis.
- Support in production of communication policies and procedures, developing and refining style guides and messaging direction for staff.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience in producing engaging and accessible content for diverse audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with various communication platforms, including websites, email newsletters, and social media.
- Proficiency in monitoring and analyzing social media metrics and tracking communication impact.
- Ability to adapt to emerging communication channels and trends.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Employee must abide by COVID-19 protocols of USC and Pacific Council at all times
- 5 years of experience strongly preferred
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience in and capacity to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES NEEDED
- Relationship Management: Able to cross manage their peers and supervisors against internal project deadlines and initiatives. Balance their own projects against the needs of others. Able to work independently as well as on a team. Understand urgent versus important.
- Executes to Results: Strong ability to create and execute against work plans. History of meeting goals and achieving benchmarks and holding self and others accountable. Trouble-shoot and work well with others. Ability to manage a high volume of transactions and be productive in a fast-paced multitasked environment. Committed to process and efficiency. Must be very detail oriented.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written. Good listener, empathetic team player, and flexible.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary range: $70,000 to $73,000 commensurate with experience. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations. This is an exempt role that is not eligible for overtime.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses, and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
Applications should be submitted via usccarreers.usc.edu and should include the following:
Resume or CV and a cover letter, (Our system will allow you to add additional documentation by clicking the “upload” button in the same section where you attach your resume.)
If you are a current USC employee, please visit the Career Worklet on the Workday Homepage and select “Find Jobs” to view USC Jobs.
No phone calls, and please do not contact existing staff about this opportunity
PACIFIC COUNCIL OVERVIEW
The Los Angeles-based Pacific Council on International Policy (pacificcouncil.org) is an independent, nonpartisan organization committed to building the vast potential of the West Coast for impact on global issues, discourse, and policy. Since 1995, the Pacific Council has hosted discussion events on issues of international importance, convened task forces and working groups to address pressing policy challenges, and built a network of globally-minded members across the West Coast and the world.
The Pacific Council’s activities in Los Angeles – conferences, speaker events, task forces, working groups, and delegations – offer a forum for the creation and exchange of ideas and tools to advocate for sound global policy. The Council is governed by a Board of Directors. Dr. Jerrold D. Green serves as President and CEO. As a West Coast organization focused on international affairs, the Pacific Council applies significant energy to making an impact through programs and projects with special resonance for our
region of the world.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Public relations or journalism
REQ20138560 Posted Date: 09/06/2023 Apply