Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Research Compliance ManagerApply Human Resources Los Angeles, California
Who We Are:
The University of California (USC) is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology, and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Community - the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work.
The USC Office of Culture, Ethics and Compliance houses several key compliance programs in the department such as healthcare, privacy, research, international compliance. In addition, the office works with decentralized compliance areas across USC to ensure key program elements are in place to provide reasonable assurance that effective programs are in place that support USC’s commitment to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, detect and correct compliance violations promptly, and eliminate misconduct and other unethical behavior through the diligent and analytical work of its team members. The office is also responsible for the Ethics and Compliance Code and supporting ethical decision making.
Our Office of Ethics and Compliance is seeking an experienced Research Compliance Manager to assist with the design, implementation, and maintenance of university compliance programs. The Research Compliance Manager will establish protocols and procedures for training, policies, and monitoring of our various compliance programs while also supporting the university’s investigatory efforts in response to allegations of non-compliance.
Job Duties/Responsibilities Include:
- Assists with the design of short and long-term strategies for compliance initiatives
- Develops monitoring plans and undertakes monitoring activity to ensure compliance with university measures
- Creates, coordinates, and maintains records in accordance with federal regulations
- Participates in investigatory efforts in response to allegations of non-compliance
- Serves as a point of contact for internal and external inquiries regarding research compliance
The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Master’s degree/ MBA or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of related experience, preferably in Compliance or Data Analytics, within an academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive, detailed analyses of complex regulations, and to use good judgment in assessing situations and employing effective problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent written and oral skills to ensure the effective exchange of ideas with a wide audience.
- Deft interpersonal skills for communicating with all levels of staff and diverse individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to track, manage and handle significant volumes of matters involving different issues with keen attention to detail.
- Lead/guidance skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize different tasks and projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability addressing difficult and complex issues, and diffusing high-tension situations.
The successful candidate must also demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including the following USC core values:
• Integrity: We do the right thing
• Excellence: We bring our best selves
• Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We all belong
• Well-being: We honor the whole person
• Open Communication: We share openly and honestly
• Accountability: We take responsibility
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years. Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive, detailed analyses of complex regulations, and to use good judgment in assessing situations and employing effective problem-solving techniques. Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and deliver training. Demonstrable ability to interpret policies, analyses, and trends. Demonstrable knowledge of applicable laws, policies, and principles. Ability to negotiate and network. Demonstrated ability to plan and execute project management. Demonstrable research capabilities. Ability to speak publicly and deliver presentations.
REQ20097720 Posted Date: 02/23/2021 Apply