Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Research Lab Technician IIApply Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine Los Angeles, California
USC's KSOM Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine is seeking a Research Lab Technician II to join Dr. Min Yu’s Lab. This is a one year fixed term contract (eligible for renewable). The candidate is expected to work on projects related with identifying mechanisms of cancer metastasis utilizing patient-derived circulating tumor cells. The position involves isolating and cultivating circulating tumor cells from patients and mice, maintaining the mouse colonies, and aid in other projects that involve various molecular and cellular biology experiments. The candidate is also expected to help maintaining lab supplies and equipment.
- Conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols. Collects field and/or laboratory measurements and data. Computes results for a variety of research procedures, tests and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records of procedures used to conduct experiments. Uses laboratory/computer equipment to conduct analyses of experiment data. Provides routine interpretations of analyses.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment. Performs or arranges for basic repairs. May alter equipment to meet experiment requirements. Makes recommendations for equipment acquisitions.
- Prepares chemical solutions for experimental use.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous and non-hazardous materials in accordance with safety protocols.
- Maintains and organizes laboratory supplies. Monitors inventory levels and orders or secures supplies as needed.
- Maintains research facility in orderly, operable condition. Maintains security and safety of equipment, samples, specimens and data.
- Conducts library research to assist in the planning and design of experiments.
- Learns basic laboratory safety and, if appropriate, basic radiation or blood borne pathogen safety under the direction of the USC Safety Office and more experienced laboratory staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
Minimum Education: Associate's Degree. Specialized/Technical Training. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
Minimum Experience: 2 Years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols. Knowledge of
computer analysis techniques and ability to provide routine analysis and interpretation of research data.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Field of Expertise: Bachelor Degree in related field can be substituted for minimum experience requirements.
A working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols is also required.
REQ20062041 Posted Date: 07/11/2018 - Thru date - 2018-09-30 Apply