Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Research Lab Technician IIApply Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine Department Los Angeles, California
USC's KSOM Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine is seeking a highly motivated Research Lab Technician II to join Dr. Michael Bonaguid’s Lab. We are seeking an enthusiastic self-motivated individual to conduct research on development of –omics approaches for stem cell biology. Preferred qualification include: a bachelor’s degree in engineering, biology or related field with lab experience in computer science for biological application. The ideal candidate will possess numerous skills among: programming in R/python, big data analysis, single cell biology, -omics library preparation, cellular and molecular biology, and imaging. The Research Lab Tech II position is available immediately with benefits and salary commiserate to experience level. Prior trainees have published in prestigious journals (Nature, Cell, Neuron, Cell Stem Cell, Nature Neuro) and transitioned to successful positions in research, medicine and industry. For the lab in general, the candidate will learn lab safety and handle materials accordingly, prepare chemical solutions, maintain the research facility plus lab equipment and assist in order placement. This is a full time one-year fixed term position requires reappointment in yearly increments. Further lab information can be found at www.bonaguidilab.usc.edu.
Provides general laboratory assistance to support research activities. Conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols. Performs assignments which are non-routine and vary in complexity with minimal direction. Compiles data and computes results for a variety of research procedures, tests and techniques.
- Conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols. Collects field and/or laboratory measurements and data. Computes results for a variety of research procedures, tests and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records of procedures used to conduct experiments. Uses laboratory/computer equipment to conduct analyses of experiment data. Provides routine interpretations of analyses.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment. Performs or arranges for basic repairs. May alter equipment to meet experiment requirements. Makes recommendations for equipment acquisitions.
- Prepares chemical solutions for experimental use.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous and non-hazardous materials in accordance with safety protocols.
- Maintains and organizes laboratory supplies. Monitors inventory levels and orders or secures supplies as needed.
- Maintains research facility in orderly, operable condition. Maintains security and safety of equipment, samples, specimens and data.
- Conducts library research to assist in the planning and design of experiments.
- Learns basic laboratory safety and, if appropriate, basic radiation or blood borne pathogen safety under the direction of the USC Safety Office and more experienced laboratory staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Specialized/technical training, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols. Knowledge of computer analysis techniques and ability to provide routine analysis and interpretation of research data.
REQ20065294 Posted Date: 09/13/2018 - Thru date - 2018-11-30 Apply