Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Research Programmer I – Program on Medicines and Public HealthApply School of Pharmacy Los Angeles, California
The USC School of Pharmacy, Titus Family Department of Clinical Pharmacy at the University of Southern California has an opportunity for a Research Programmer for the newly established Program in Medicines and Public Health. This program focuses on the development and expansion of several research initiatives focusing on access to medications, drug utilization and pharmaceutical policy.
The Research Programmer will provide programming support on research projects that use pharmacy healthcare claims data. Knowledge with SAS and STATA required. The programmer is an integral part of the research team and works closely with the principal investigator and a multidisciplinary research team. The key role of the programmer is to develop a plan to adapt data that are complex and very large in scope to answer research questions. Programmers also execute the analytical plan for the project in conjunction with the investigative team. Manages large data files. Utilizes creativity and innovation to solve conceptual programming problems raised by cutting-edge research. This is a full-time, 2-year (renewable) fixed term position.
- BA/BS in Statistics, quantitative social science, health economics, mathematics or related field
- 2 or more years of experience with SAS, a statistical programming language
- Ability to work independently on complex programming
- Experience with health data, including administrative healthcare (medical, pharmacy, plan benefit/enrollment, etc.) claims from Medicare, Medicaid, or health insurance plans, and electronic medical/health records
- MA/MS in Biostatistics or related field
- 3 or more years of experience with SAS and Stata. Experience with SQL preferred but not required
- Experience with large pharmacy claims databases, survey data, claims data, electronic health records data.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in solving conceptual programming problems.
The position is fixed-term, renewable contingent on successful progress and available funding.
The hourly rate range for this position is $40.79 - $45.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Master's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent Minimum Experience: 1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated creativity and innovation in solving conceptual programming problems. Competent to work independently on complex programming.
REQ20108233 Posted Date: 12/20/2022 Apply