At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Retail Associate, Dental School BookstoreApply USC Bookstore - Dental Los Angeles, California
Being part of the Trojan Family means belonging to an amazing international community that reaches beyond cities, industries, and time. Owned and operated by USC, the USC Bookstores embrace talent, nurture skills, and support ambition! A thriving retail organization with nine physical locations, a booming online presence, and over $35 million in annual sales, USC Bookstores are dedicated to creating the Best USC Experience. The Best USC Experience means outstanding customer service, excellent products, and a great place to work. We are committed to USC students, staff, faculty, and fans whether they’re on campus or on the other side of the planet. Do you want to be part of a team that encourages growth, creativity, and connects you to the long-term career that you’ve been looking for? Join the Trojan Family at USC Bookstores!
We are seeking a Retail Associate to join our rapidly growing team.
Are you passionate about providing exceptional customer service? Are you driven to set and exceed high sales goals? Then we want you! As our Retail Associate, you will be a fountain of knowledge for our guests as they browse our spacious locations. With your friendly, helpful demeanor, you will help our team create the best USC experience for each guest that comes through our doors. We will depend on you to help us set, and surpass, all of the sales goals that meet our growing needs. Join us today!
- Provide professional, courteous, and knowledgeable assistance to customers. Assist customers in locating merchandise, take special orders, answer questions, and perform gift wrapping and/or other special services. Communicate policies on returns and exchanges. Monitor for shoplifting. Resolve customer complaints and processes merchandise returns, refunds, or exchanges.
- Perform cashiering, stocking, and other duties to promote efficient functioning of department. Check price tags for alterations. Protect department against monetary losses by requiring appropriate identification for check cashing. Use appropriate verification procedures for credit card purchases.
- Keep sales floor neat, clean, and fully-stocked. Shelve new stock, inform buyers of fast- and slow-selling stock, and maintain thorough knowledge of inventory. Ensure merchandise is attractively displayed. Maintain cashiering areas in a clean, organized fashion. Keep cashiering area well-stocked with necessary supplies, such as shopping bags and credit card drafts.
- Assist with answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate person or department.
- Make tags for damaged merchandise and deliver daily to designated area. Return misplaced merchandise to correct department daily.
- Comply with all University and department policies and procedures.
- In the absence of Manager, supervise student workers. Assist Manager in training new staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 6 months.
- Experience in high-volume retail environment.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated cash handling experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
What We Prefer:
- 1 year of experience in a high-volume retail environment.
- Ability to train and oversee student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
- Experience in a cash handling role.
- Experience in a face-to-face customer service environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
High school or equivalent
6 - 12 months
Minimum Field of Expertise:
REQ20067436 Posted Date: 10/30/2018 Apply