Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC is the University of Southern California’s medical enterprise, one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Keck Medicine combines academic excellence, world-class research and state-of-the-art facilities to provide highly specialized care for some of the most acute patients in the country.
Our internationally renowned physicians and scientists provide world-class patient care at Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Cancer Hospital, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, USC Arcadia Hospital and more than 100 unique clinics in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes Keck Hospital and USC Norris Cancer Hospital, is among the top 50 hospitals in the country in eight specialties, as well as the top three hospitals in metro Los Angeles and top 10 hospitals in California, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-23 Best Hospitals rankings.
RN Clinical – Pre/Post Float Pool – Full Time 10 Hour Rotating Shifts (Non-Exempt) (Union)Apply Keck Medicine of USC Hospital Los Angeles, California
The Pre and Post Surgical Services Float Pool Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process (assess, plan, implement and evaluate) to provide safe, quality care to the perioperative patients. He/she works collaboratively with the nursing staff, medical staff and all members of the health care team. He/she demonstrates professionalism through communication, education and participation as a team member. He/she works under the supervision of the RN Clinical Coordinator and/or Clinical Director of Perioperative Services. The Pre and Post Surgical Services Float Pool Registered Nurse will float to different Pre and Post Surgical Services areas within Keck Medical Center of USC (i.e.: Surgery, Same Day Surgery, Keck 4th Floor PACU, Keck 3 South PACU, Endoscopy, HC2 Endoscopy Center, HC3, and HC4/OPSC among others) and USC Norris Cancer Hospital (i.e.: Endoscopy, Norris Pre/Post, Surgery among others) as needed.
He/she works under the supervision of the RN Clinical Coordinator and/or Clinical Director of Perioperative Services.
- The PACU Registered Nurse (RN) manages a variety of complex patient populations by utilizing methodical and evidence-based scientific practice standards. The PACU RN manages the patient by maintaining physiological and behavioral functions, as well as, providing psychological and sociological support to the patient and family during the recovery process. The priority of the PACU RN is toward improvement and/or maintenance of the patient’s pre-surgical state.
- Consistently transfers scientific knowledge in applying the nursing process.
- Formulates care plan for direct and indirect care.
- Performs skills essential to nursing action to be taken.
- Explains health treatment and teaches client and family.
- Delegates tasks to others based on scope of practice, preparation and capability.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care and modifies plan, observes modifications and interprets information.
- Acts as patient advocate by initiating action to advanced plan of care.
- Initiates and supports change decisions.
- Participates in the development of professional practice, i.e., nursing committees, research, policy development/review, unit based improvement projects (internal and external).
- Demonstrates knowledge about current policies and shares awareness about new trends/technology.
- Provides appropriate age-specific care to patients.
- Utilizes the six core steps (data collection, data assessment and nursing diagnosis, plans, implements, evaluates and patient teaching) to manage the patient’s condition.
- Collaborates with surgeon, co-workers and other ancillary staff while providing direct care to the PACU patient.
- Utilizes policies and procedures to support the RN’s scope of practice.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining performance improvement and quality control activities to support the department, as well as, the hospital.
- Assists in providing orientation, training and continuing education for the staff.
- Adheres to governing regulations such as hospital policies, Title 22 and JCAHO.
- Competent in utilizing Cerner Millenium to place physician orders.
- Is a team player and possesses a positive attitude.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Req Bachelor's degree Nursing Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Req 1 year 1 year experience in PACU
- Req 1 year 1 year experience in a high acuity Intensive Care setting
- Req Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Req Knowledge of medical procedures and conditions and ability to understand, follow and successfully perform duties, including whole blood collection, and apheresis procedures, in accordance with administrative and clinical policies, regulations and procedures.
- Req Committed to excellence in patient care and customer service.
- Critical Care Nursing Certificate - CCRN (AACN) CCRN or CPAN preferred
- Req Registered Nurse - RN (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
- Req Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
- Req Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Req Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
The hourly rate range for this position is $41.00 - $88.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
REQ20138060 Posted Date: 08/20/2023 Apply