Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC is the University of Southern California’s medical enterprise, one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Keck Medicine combines academic excellence, world-class research and state-of-the-art facilities to provide highly specialized care for some of the most acute patients in the country.
Our internationally renowned physicians and scientists provide world-class patient care at Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Cancer Hospital, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, USC Arcadia Hospital and more than 100 unique clinics in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes Keck Hospital and USC Norris Cancer Hospital, is among the top 50 hospitals in the country in eight specialties, as well as the top three hospitals in metro Los Angeles and top 10 hospitals in California, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-23 Best Hospitals rankings.
RN Coordinator - Neurosciences Clinic - Full Time 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union)Apply Keck Medicine of USC Hospital Los Angeles, California
The Coordinator is a Registered Nurse with recognized leadership abilities and sound clinical skills who will actively assist the Director and/or Manager in coordinating the day-to-day activities of the unit. The Coordinator takes a leading role in activities such as nursing performance improvement, job performance evaluations, staffing, scheduling and working with the directors in the orientation and training of new employees
The Coordinator is a Registered Nurse with recognized leadership abilities and sound clinical skills who will actively assist the Director and/or Manager in coordinating the care of patients within specific and assigned Neurology Division(s). The Coordinator takes a leading role the triage and coordination of care for patients within their respective Divisions to include close communication and interactions with providers, and in activities such as nursing performance improvement, staffing, scheduling and working with the directors in the orientation and training of new employees within their respective Neurology Division(s).
- Displays leadership abilities and sound clinical skills.
- Promotes professional growth and retention of self and unit personnel within respective Neurology Division(s).
- Adheres to governing regulations such as hospital policies, Title 22 and JCAHO.
- Utilizes the six core steps for decision making.
- Takes a leadership role within respective Neurology Division(s) activities such as Nursing Performance Improvement, staffing, schedules, orientation of staff, etc.
- Is a positive change agent.
- Is a patient advocate.
- Is a staff advocate.
- Coordinates with Nurse manager the provision of services through appropriate levels of qualified, competent staff for respective Neurology Division(s).
- Utilizes policies and procedures to support the RN’s scope of practice.
- Establishes and maintains performance improvement and quality control activities to support the department, as well as, the hospital.
- Keck Portal messages are managed and triaged within 24 hours, on business days.
- Phone messages are managed and triaged within 24 hours, on business days.
- Medication refills are managed and triaged, in collaboration with clinical coordinators, within 24 hours, on business days.
- All clinical authorizations are managed and triaged, in collaboration with authorization coordinators, within 24 hours, on business days.
- Manages and coordinates the hospital admission of patients, as per provider request.
- Manages and coordinates the urgent clinical care of patients during clinic visit, as per provider or clinical staff request, with assessment for Evaluation and Treatment Center admission, if needed.
- Provides orientation, training and continuing education for new staff for respective Neurology Division(s).
- Competent in utilizing Cerner Millenium to place physician orders.
- Competent in performing all staff duties in clinical area.
- Coordinates and integrates department services on an intradepartmental, interdepartmental, as well as, hospital wide level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree Nursing Degree in Nursing
- Organization/time management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
- 1 year Relief charge experience.
- 1 year Experience in a supervisory role.
- Registered Nurse - RN (CA DCA)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $53.00 - $87.45. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
REQ20140271 Posted Date: 09/13/2023 Apply