At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Sales Manager, HSC CateringApply USC Hotel - Banquets & Catering Los Angeles, California
Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
With a multitude of event spaces throughout both campuses, Hospitality provides extraordinary banquets and high-quality catering service to ensure each event for our guests is memorable. The Vineyard Room, Town & Gown, and Bashor Lounge are a few of our most popular locations for meetings, gatherings, celebrations, and weddings. Our guests can take comfort in knowing that we have every detail covered, and our team will provide impeccable service for any day-of needs.
We are seeking a Sales Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to develop as a Sales Manager and exceed your professional expectations, then our team wants you! You will be expected to use your depth of experience to train, develop, and motivate our team to achieve new records in sales. Professional relationships, with clients and vendors, will be an important piece of the puzzle and you will need to grow these to help us build our business. We set high goals for our team and we need you to help us get there.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with catering sales managers to discuss performance, revenue, and developmental goals. Coordinate quarterly marketing agenda to represent team at wedding and graduation expositions.
- Monitor daily/weekly payroll accountability through Kronos, ensuring team members are following standard procedures & USC policies. Manage staff’s daily responsibilities. Train, coach, develop, and counsel employees. Provide performance evaluations and reviews. Assist in hiring of new employees.
- Work closely with banquet manager and senior manager of USC Hospitality, Special Events & Catering to promote a structured catering department and ensure optimal delivery to our clients and guests. Develop strategic business and marketing plan.
- Facilitate site visits and walk-throughs for prospective clients. Prepare, negotiate, and produce contracts for clients. Address questions, concerns, and issues. Meet with clients on-site on day of event.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients. Conduct weekly sales calls to promote the hotel and banquets. Attend networking events.
- Complex understanding of academic calendar and subsequent busy periods. Knowledge of all venues and campus catering areas.
- Provide clear verbal and written communication to staff on event information.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and service quality control.
- Coordinate rentals with outside vendors, as necessary.
- Review final invoices and close out accounts. Balance revenue in preparation of daily sales report. Oversee reporting, including revenue trend and loss per month, market analysis and strategies, sales per department, catering manager revenue production, daily/weekly forecast, and budget control. Assist with the annual budget process. Provide financial weekly and monthly projections to Directors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Hotel or convention center sales management and marketing experience.
- Experience organizing and managing events, such as individual business travel, conventions, corporate meetings, trainings, luncheons, weddings, and other events.
- Thorough knowledge of sales, marketing, and business management.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts, and methodology of sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Customer service experience.
What We Prefer:
- Master’s Degree.
- 5 years of experience.
- Experience in a sales driven role.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
REQ20070897 Posted Date: 02/11/2019 Apply