Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Senior Development ManagerApply Center on Public Diplomacy Los Angeles, California
The Center on Public Diplomacy (CPD) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Development Manager. The Senior Development Manager serves an essential fundraising position and is an integral part of CPD’s Team. The primary responsibilities for the position include: cultivating and soliciting major and annual gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations; board development and coordination; and event sponsorship solicitation. The Senior Development Manager also coordinates activities with the development and communications teams in the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism and the University.
S/he will guide CPD’s fundraising efforts, activities, and events to ensure goals of CPD and the School are met, working with CPD’s Director and Board of Advisors. S/he will have responsibility for designing fundraising strategies, developing and managing donor relations and prospect management, and building external relationships with leaders in the public diplomacy community, as well as responsibility for ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Senior Development Manager will work closely with the Center Director to develop, prepare and present formal proposals to CPD’s Board of Advisors, major donors, and prospects in furtherance of CPD’s mission.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree with three years of experience in fundraising, public relations, and project management, preferably in an academic or nonprofit environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and prior fundraising experience are critical requirements for this position.
- The ideal candidate must be highly organized, entrepreneurial, and adaptable.
Preferred Experience: 5 years of experience in fundraising, public relations, and project management, preferably in an academic or nonprofit environment
Required Documents and Additional Information:
- Resume and cover letter required. Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of five calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
- This is a gift-funded, part-time staff position. However, the position may increase to full-time pending performance and the availability of resources. Salary is negotiable upon experience.
- The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
About the Center on Public Diplomacy
The USC Center on Public Diplomacy at the Annenberg School, operated in partnership with the USC College's School of International Relations, examines how government, corporate and non-state actors engage foreign audiences to facilitate intercultural dialogue and understanding worldwide. For additional information, see our website: https://www.uscpublicdiplomacy.org/
About the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
Located in Los Angeles at the University of Southern California, the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism is a national leader in education and scholarship in the fields of communication, journalism, public diplomacy and public relations. With an enrollment of more than 2,200 students, USC Annenberg offers doctoral, master's and bachelor's degree programs, as well as continuing development programs for working professionals across a broad scope of academic inquiry. The school's comprehensive curriculum emphasizes the core skills of leadership, innovation, service and entrepreneurship and draws upon the resources of a networked university located in the media capital of the world. For additional information, see our website: https://annenberg.usc.edu/
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Fundraising, campaigns and/or volunteer management
REQ20067823 Posted Date: 03/13/2019 - Thru date - 2019-04-08 Apply