Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Senior Family Care Navigator (Fixed Term)Apply Family Care Navigators Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. USC is consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious universities, and the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology features one of the world’s best degree and research programs in gerontology. The USC Davis School has an international reputation as a hub of aging research and, with additional strong programs throughout the university, leads the way in defining and advancing the field of gerontology.
The USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology is seeking a Senior Family Care Navigator (Social Work) with strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills to join its team! This positions will be fixed term with an anticipated end date of employment of 6/30/2021.
Our program is rapidly growing and we need a superstar to join our current dynamic team. This is a full-time salaried position that will require substantial commitment and flexibility.Will require off-campus travel to client homes and meetings. Work schedule varies from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday with some weekend work as needed. Office location will be off University Park Campus.
This person will provide on-going supervision and training for a team of social service professionals, interns, and students working throughout LA County. The person will be responsible for ensuring that the team meets contract goals and our Center’s mission for family caregiver support and service.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Provide on-going supervision for the Family Care Navigator team
- Train new staff/students/clinical interns on policy and procedures for contracts
- Provide clinical guidance for crisis intervention or elder abuse reporting
- Review weekly work activity and provide data summary
- Outreach to community to generate referrals for the program team and identification of family caregivers for their designated region
- Serve as statewide liaison for the clinical team to CRC system.
- Conducts caregiver intake and assessment and diagnostic sessions for individuals, couples, and families with complex care planning needs. Provides referral, short term counseling, case management, and crisis intervention services as appropriate. Submits reports to program as mandated by law. Leads clients to development of strategies for conflict resolution.
- Provide On-line education and training programs for family caregivers
- Responsible for a respite budget for the team they lead
Our ideal candidate will be a person who has demonstrated leadership skills in a team setting. The candidate should be organized and able to motivate each member of their team.
- MA or MA eligible in social work or related field (psychology, gerontology) preferred and 2 years of experience as a team leader or supervisor. They should have provided direct services to family caregivers
- Bi-cultural bi-lingual language preferred (written & verbal)
- Previous public speaking experience
- Working knowledge and use of social media
This position is funded by a research grant. Accordingly, this position is contingent upon receipt of the necessary funding from this or any subsequent grant to continue employment.
Benefits include a competitive salary, a rich array of USC benefits including healthcare (including dental and vision), 403(b), tuition reimbursement, national holidays, paid vacation, sick time and more.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.
Only fully completed applications will be considered. Please include a cover letter and resume with references. Thank you for your interest!
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Minimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Social work.
REQ20078913 Posted Date: 09/03/2019 Apply