Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Senior Human Resources Business PartnerApply Human Resources Los Angeles, California
Are you someone who likes to make a positive difference at work? Are you motivated by being part of an exceptional team who embraces the Fight On! spirit?
At USC, team spirit is infectious, and as part of the Human Resources team within the Office of the Provost, everyone is interested in succeeding – for themselves the team, and for the university, holistically. The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner plays a vital role in that effort in support of Academic and Administrative client groups. You'll collaborate with the centers of excellence across a range of disciplines to ensure your clients have the appropriate tools and services. The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner will be looked to for strategic business consultation, requiring independent judgment and decisiveness, and the ability to analyze and synthesize data in order to provide solutions that get business results.
What You’ll Need to Accomplish:
• Function as the Subject Matter Expert for managers, staff and faculty in a designated client organization and provide full cycle employee services.
• Manage the planning, development, implementation, and administration for a broad range of HR policies and programs including, but not limited to: recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations and employee relations.
• Responsible for providing customer service to managers and staff on a broad range of human resource policies, programs, and practices, providing information, answering questions, explaining HR policies and procedures, and recommending appropriate course of action.
• Influence senior management to align with HR initiatives and execute a set people agenda that has already been set by a department head.
• Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
• Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
• Ensure that Human Resources topics are an integrated part of the business decision-making process.
• Provide solutions to a diverse range of complex problems.
• Provide feedback regarding acceptance and value add from a client perspective.
The Must Haves:
• A Bachelor’s Degree or combined experience/education as a substitute for the minimum education
• Three years of human resources generalist experience
The Nice to Haves:
• Current Human Resources Certification (PHR/SPHR)
• A Master’s degree in HR Management, or continued education courses/certifications in HR Management
• Three to five years in at least two HR disciplines (Change Management, Compensation, Employee/Labor Relations, Organizational Effectiveness/Development)
• Experience in translating the priorities of the business into an HR roadmap for specific areas of the client group, and articulating a business case for HR programs.
• Proven experience in building a strong business partnership within a dynamic, matrixed environment: a strategic leader who takes initiative and ownership.
• Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage change and help others deal effectively with change management initiatives.
• Ability to analyze data, identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee satisfaction, performance, and retention.
• Self-starter with creative mind and demonstrated ability to put ideas into practice and assess results.
• Experience working in the Higher Education environment
• Experience using Workday
• Demonstrated experience creating and implementing large strategic change initiatives.
• Previous experience in the following:
o Project Management
o Cross-functional collaboration
o Influencing COE’s/Functional/Partner areas to deliver customized client services
• Ability to travel to all university locations.
USC is an equal-opportunity educator and employer, proudly pluralistic and firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding persons of every race, gender, creed, and background. The university particularly encourages members of underrepresented groups, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. USC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Further information is available by contacting email@example.com
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 5 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related human resources generalist experience. Strong knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration. Knowledge of human resources organizational development/workforce planning, recruitment, hiring, performance management, compensation administration, benefits, training and development, disciplinary actions, employee relations, affirmative action, disability, workers compensation, and information systems. Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations. Demonstrated effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills.
REQ20100606 Posted Date: 09/14/2021 Apply