Information Technology Services
At Information Technology Services, our goal is to be the university's trusted business partner by creating a culture of exceptional customer service. Bringing together a team of diverse and talented professionals, we provide the central IT services that support USC's schools, hospitals, research centers, and administrative units. Through our recently launched digital transformation initiatives, we aim to develop an environment of continuous service improvement, founded on cross-functional teamwork, industry best practices, innovation, and commitment to the customer experience.
Senior Integration Developer (ITS)Apply Information Technology Services ITS Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California’s (USC’s) Information Technology Services is seeking a talented Senior Integration Developer for Cloud Applications with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join its team. As the Senior Integration Developer (Cloud), you will be an integral member of the Cloud Applications team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional information technology problems, improve customer experience, and generate value for our campus stakeholders across a broad base of departments and constituencies.
ITS has embarked on a major digital transformation initiative to continually improve services for faculty, staff, and students in support of USC’s ascent as a leading institution of higher education. The ITS vision aligns strategy, business, and services; affirms ITS cultural values; empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces world-class best practices; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve this vision, ITS is committed to providing a modern technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing customer base, training in the latest technologies for its highly productive and motivated workforce, outstanding customer experience, and technology services that are aligned with the university’s mission to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students. ITS is creating a workplace where employees can develop cutting-edge skills, take pride in the services they provide, and have access to the roles and career paths that align to their abilities and potential.
We are looking for top talent to join us on our journey.
USC’s ITS organization represents a diverse and talented team, committed to supporting a collaborative culture and delivering secure and innovative IT services, core to the mission of USC. ITS values accountability, excellence, and commitment to exceptional customer experience. ITS strives for a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages employees to do their best work every day and where individuals are recognized and celebrated for their contributions.
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology, and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
Come join the ITS team and work as a trusted partner in shaping an environment of innovation and excellence for the university.
The candidate for the position of Senior Integration Developer (Cloud) must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five years of experience in a relevant field such as information technology, higher education, etc.
- Extensive experience in cloud computing services, cloud infrastructure, and cloud storage.
- Extensive experience in cloud architecture and design.
- Extensive experience developing integrations, ETLs, data flows, and APIs through the use of an integration platform.
- Foundational knowledge of the development and configuration of software solutions.
- Ability to understand and work with large, complex systems.
- Experience writing test cases for new and existing code to ensure compatibility and stability.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide both detailed information and summaries to peers and supervisors.
- Proven ability to design and develop a new software solution.
- Substantial knowledge of security concepts and experience with secure code development techniques.
- Experience planning and performing unit testing and system integration testing and facilitating performance and user acceptance testing.
The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Integration Developer(Cloud) has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc.
- More than eight years of experience in a relevant field such as information technology, higher education, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise with Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), or Workday Student.
WORK YOU’LL DO
The Senior Integration Developer (Cloud) leads design, development, and maintenance of integrations across cloud applications. The Senior Integration Developer (Cloud) drives solutions that balance technical excellence with usability and accessibility. This role delivers best-in-class cloud integrations to support a broad range of customers, partners, and key stakeholders. As a member of ITS, the Senior Cloud Integration Developer demonstrates ITS values in action.
The Senior Integration Developer (Cloud):
- Drives the design, development, and testing of integrations for cloud applications. Integrates network components from multiple vendors to support cloud services.
- Collaborates across the team to gather and interpret integration specifications, data requirements, and data mappings.
- Analyzes and tunes integrations to optimize performance and reliability. Acts as a trusted technical advisor for all cloud integrations across the enterprise.
- Works collaboratively with team members, stakeholders, and vendors to understand specifications and deliver features based on business requirements. Mentors team members and peers on effective collaboration with a variety of stakeholders. Provides guidance on problem solving by introducing problem-solving methodologies and frameworks. Communicates and presents problem-solving rationale to diverse audiences.
- Participates in project and task planning. Contributes to the development and execution of best-in-class processes and procedures. Monitors alignment with university and ITS goals and customer needs. Contributes to university compliance and security governance and policies by embedding standards, procedures, and quality measures into work plans and workflows. Identifies and initiates process improvement efforts within the team and across ITS. Produces high-quality deliverables.
- Gains insight into customer pain points, challenges, and needs to ensure customer-focused solutions. Advocates for the customer point-of-view when identifying priorities and presenting solutions. Builds and maintains effective customer relationships by providing timely follow-up and feedback. Handles customer requests and routes them to the appropriate party for tracking and resolution. Seeks to deliver quality solutions.
- Leads innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge. Maintains currency with new technologies. Learns and adapts quickly to new situations and technologies. Identifies opportunities to continually develop skills, knowledge, and abilities. Demonstrates a propensity for innovation by experimenting with new ideas and technologies. Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Develops new and revised software applications to drive the continuous improvement of university solutions. Ensures code is maintainable, supportable, and has the potential to scale with business growth. Develops high-quality code that performs as intended upon implementation. Provides guidance on priorities to peers and team members in a rapidly changing environment.
- Leverages best practices to support logical and efficient decision making. Reviews opportunities for impact and recommends best-in-class solutions. Defines success criteria and measures activities for success. Thoughtfully listens to others and asks relevant questions to confirm understanding. Conducts root cause analysis exercises to identify issues. Develops and prioritizes realistic solutions to enhance business value.
- Contributes to an inclusive environment that values differences by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with team members, peers, and ITS leaders. Actively embodies ITS values and behaviors including accountability, ethics, and best-in-class customer service. Contributes to a culture of trust and transparency by sharing information broadly, openly, and deliberately.
- Supports the vision for Cloud Applications. Works closely with team members and management to implement and support effective solutions for cloud development. Maintains currency with technology, standards, and best practices. Supports process improvement efforts within the team and across ITS.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Come and join the ITS team – a team that works as trusted partners shaping an environment of innovation and excellence for the university.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 5 years Minimum Expertise: Foundational knowledge of security concepts, secure code development techniques, and the design, development, and configuration of software solutions. Experience planning and performing tests of units, system integration, performance and user acceptance. Ability to understand and work with large, complex systems, write test cases for new and existing code to ensure compatibility and stability, and provide detailed information and summaries to peers and supervisors. Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to establish strong, positive working relationships and rapport with diverse groups of team members.
REQ20093896 Posted Date: 01/05/2021 Apply