Keck Medicine of USC is one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Its internationally renowned physicians and scientists provide world-class patient care at Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Cancer Hospital, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and more than 80 outpatient clinics in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
Keck Medical Center was ranked No. 16 on U.S. News & World Report’s 2019-20 Best Hospital Honor Roll and among the top 3 hospitals in Los Angeles and top 5 in California. The hospital also ranked in the top 4 in urology (tie); top 10 in geriatrics; top 15 in ophthalmology, cardiology & heart surgery, gastroenterology & GI surgery and nephrology; top 20 in neurology & neurosurgery; top 25 in cancer; and top 35 in pulmonology & lung surgery.
Senior Manager Ambulatory Education - Engemann Student Health - Full Time 8 Hour Days (Exempt) (Non-Union)
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for management of multiple operational departments and aspects of the financial budget. The Senior Operations Manager leads improvement efforts across USC Student Heath clinical operations to accomplish measurable clinical and business process improvements and objectives. Also, lead the redesign of care processes to optimize value (improve outcomes, patient satisfaction and reduce cost), assist with evaluation of new technologies and related system implementation, optimize integration efforts in pursuit of seamlessness for patients, providers, and staff.
This position will project manage multiple initiatives and will develop implementation roadmaps and facilitate action with concrete deliverables. Also, leads the assessment and diagnostic of problems, create data analytics, develops performance dashboards, and leads and manages structured improvement initiatives, from large scale transformational projects, to focused improvement events.
This position will establish collaborative relationships with physicians, nurses, other clinicians and administrators to build support for change and sustainability efforts.
• Master’s degree
• A minimum of five years of experience preferred in strategic business development and/or ambulatory operations in a healthcare setting with progressively more responsibility and demonstrated professional experience, including responsibility for multiple large, complex and sensitive projects.
• Substantial experience leading and facilitating work teams for change management.
• Identifies patterns to enhance performance and formulates recommendations.
• Comprehensive understanding of process redesign and/or continuous quality improvement methodology and tools.
• Experience in patient satisfaction programs preferred, with familiarity of business and clinical processes. Experience with compliance preferred.
- Ability to develop project plans, monitor activity, facilitate progress to effectively complete projects within specified time frame.
- Ability to facilitate the planning process by leading team meetings, managing on-going revisions, insuring priorities are met, resolving issues and working collaboratively with clinical managers to ensure consistency and enhance patient care by defining roles and responsibilities of key project participants.
- Ability to monitor and document performance of ongoing projects by balancing schedules, scope and resources and the financial profitability of these projects.
Analytical and Problem-Solving:
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis to define qualitative and quantitative aspects of proposed changes and organize the work and structure analyses to facilitate effective, assists with writing well organized business plans for decision making purposes.
- Independently manages and completes multiple large projects simultaneously with minimal involvement from the Executive Director.
- Ability to respond to day-to-day crisis or unexpected situations in an effective manner.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills to influence senior management thinking and actions in order to achieve objectives and insure a clear understanding of project goals.
- Ability to facilitate meetings efficiently for project progress and issue resolution.
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork:
- Ability to builds strategies in collaboration with operational management.
- Demonstrates good decision-making skills and ability to debrief appropriately and effectively to senior management.
- Communicates effectively and diplomatically with a wide variety of constituents to include: patient and family, staff, faculty, alumni, business, political and community leaders and the general public is essential.
- Advanced skill in computer programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Access, and Project required.
- Experience in Project Management, strategy, and quality improvement
• Proficient PC skills.
• Working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
• Knowledge of business (operational, clinical and financial) statistics and data analyses techniques.
• Ability to manage and analyze data.
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Managerial experience with direct supervisor responsibility of nonclinical and/or clinical staff and experience with ambulatory/physician practice operations.
• Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.