At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Server, Moreton FigApply USC Hospitality - RTCC - Moreton Fig Los Angeles, California
From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
Anchored by USC’s historic Moreton Bay Fig Trees amongst its vibrant Campus Center surroundings, Moreton Fig focuses on seasonal, market-driven cuisine. Our fresh, modern take on traditional fine dining offers local and nourishing food crafted to suit the needs of students, athletes, faculty, staff and visitors. Our lively team takes pride in serving creative, satisfying meals to all of our customers. Our stylish décor reflects our passion for hearing and fulfilling the needs of our customers.
We are seeking a Server to join our rapidly growing team.
As a Server, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the guest experience and the quality of service that will be extended to visitors, students, faculty and staff on a daily basis. The Server primarily provides a consistent and professional delivery of customer service to guests, including full restaurant table service. As a customer-facing member of Moreton Fig team, the Server embodies the values and work ethic of the entire staff. He or she will serve as a positive reflection of Moreton Fig and its commitment to Trojan principles.
- Provide full restaurant service.
- Assist with basic food and beverage preparation.
- Maintain and stock supplies, food items and utensils.
- Ensure sanitation standards are maintained.
- Adhere to all established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma not required.
- Experience: 1 year.
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Prefer:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years in a high volume restaurant operation.
- Knowledge of craft beers.
- Experience in a gastropub environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Less than High School
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Knowledge of proper banquet and catering service protocol. Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures. Demonstrated customer service experience. Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Ability to effectively communicate in English. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
REQ20067430 Posted Date: 11/06/2018 Apply