At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Shuttle DriverApply Auxiliary Services Auxiliary Services Los Angeles, California
USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
In the ever expanding city of Los Angeles, Trojans need reliable and convenient transportation options. USC Transportation has risen to meet that need, operating parking structures, busses, student-run Campus Cruisers and a fuel station. To meet the unique needs of each Trojan, Transportation also coordinates with numerous taxi companies and rental car agencies to provide a vast source of transit options. A division of USC Auxiliary Services, Transportation is always looking for new ways to make USC safer and more convenient for students, athletes, faculty, staff, and visitors.
We are seeking a build a pool of Shuttle Driver candidates for upcoming positions.
Greeting each guest with a smile is the first step to making them feel welcome on the USC campus. As a member of USC’s Transportation team, the Shuttle Driver will be one of the first, and most regular, faces interacting with our guests! The Shuttle Driver will have the opportunity to safely transport our students, faculty, staff and guests to and from various destinations on and around USC’s campus. You will be expected to reflect our high customer service standards with a friendly and helpful demeanor.
- Provide customer service to students, faculty, staff and external customers. Maintain a friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Conduct daily pre- and post-trip vehicle safety inspections.
- Maintain daily route schedule through adherence to assigned routes and time schedules.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all state and federal commercial drivers’ rules and regulations as well as all University policies and procedures.
- Control and monitor access to the University campus.
- Monitor campus perimeter to prevent crime. Observe and report incidents as needed.
- Work with management to assist with staff planning. Respond to accident and vehicle breakdowns and complete route, DVIR and uniform audits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- No set schedule. May have to work overtime, weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
- Education: High School or equivalent combined experience and education as substitute for minimum education.
- Experience: 2 years or equivalent combined education and experience as substitute for minimum experience.
- Bus driving or passenger transport experience.
- Must possess valid California Class A or B driver’s license with passenger endorsement. Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment. For more information please visit the policy website.
- Airbrake Certification will be required as a final condition of employment.
- Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) permit or ability to obtain permit within 60 days.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Driving record must show no moving violations or DUI convictions in last three years. Drug screening required prior to employment, with random testing thereafter.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
What We Prefer:
- Associate’s Degree or higher.
- 3 years of experience.
- Ability to supervise student and/or temporary workers.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit www.benefits.usc.edu
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Bus Driving (Passenger Transport) and customer service experience. Must possess valid California Class B driver's license with passenger endorsement. Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
REQ20098122 Posted Date: 07/23/2021 Apply