Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Sustainability Project Specialist - AdministrativeApply Administrative Operations Los Angeles, California
Who We Are:
The University of Southern California (USC) is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology, and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Community - the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work.
The Office of Sustainability serves the University of Southern California and the greater community by helping to institutionalize sustainability and environmental justice throughout the University. USC Sustainability works to form productive relationships among students and faculty, the community and university leaders, and broadly defined external stakeholders in search of solutions for USC’s pressing environmental challenges and the related social impacts. Sustainability staff members work on teams with internal and external stakeholders such as operations units, students, faculty and school leaders, community and city leaders, and the private sector.
The Office of Sustainability is seeking a Sustainability Project Specialist - Administrative. This position will be responsible for daily operations management and administrative logistics for the Office of Sustainability. Reporting directly to the Sustainability Associate Director, the Sustainability Project Specialist – Administrative will assist with the administration and coordination of research, data reporting and administrative projects that support campus sustainability on all fronts.
Job Duties/Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and implements project goals and strategies that support the university’s sustainability initiatives. Assists with long and short term planning and design of project direction and objectives
- Oversees collection, analysis, and reporting of sustainability-related data. Recommends methods and procedures for data acquisition, management, and quality control. Generates graphs, charts and other materials and media to present analysis results.
- Creates status reports on project plans to help to ensure achievement of project goals and objectives
- Interacts with staff, faculty, and external contacts to ensure project goals are met. Resolves problems and answers questions accordingly
- 3+ years directly related project management or administrative experience
- Experience supporting sustainability initiatives for Higher Education institutions
- Extensive experience with the analytical and reporting products in the Microsoft suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project; as well as MS Teams and Google docs
- Familiarity with STARS assessment, GHG reporting process documentation, waste data analysis/documentation, and data portal development
- Proven ability to collect and analyze data
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience with sustainability efforts (e.g., energy and waste management, resource conservation, recycling). Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance. Proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant software. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
REQ20101265 Posted Date: 09/15/2021 Apply