Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Systems Administrator IIApply School of Cinematic Arts - DMT Systems Los Angeles, California
USC’s School of Cinematic Arts is seeking a Systems Administrator II to join its Systems team in Creative Technology. The School of Cinematic Arts is the premiere school for the study of cinematic arts and provides instruction in production, post-production, animation, interactivity and gaming, writing, producing, and cinema studies. The facilities include state-of-the-art editing labs, animation labs, visual effects labs, interactive studios, scoring and mixing stages, film stages, and theatres, including a 55-seat IMAX theatre.
The Systems Administrator II will be a member of the engineering team responsible for designing, building and maintaining core servers, core services, storage, networks and workstations for the School of Cinematic Arts. This position is responsible for both server and application programming as well as database design and management.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of algorithms and software design patterns with programming experience in multiple languages. The department has broad-based programming needs that span from hardware control systems in theaters to web applications that assist staff in managing server resources. Projects include designing and maintaining the connective tissue bringing these resources together. This includes Windows systems administration and software configuration to ensure clients can use the integrated environment easily and effectively.
The successful candidate should be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a demonstrated ability to deep-dive into advanced issues, take full ownership of a project or problem until it is fully completed, actively monitor system status, and learn new technologies.
Systems engineering experience in the entertainment industry (production, post-production, visual effects, animation, gaming) is highly desired. DevOps experience is a plus as the candidate would be working closely with other systems administrators, staff, and end users to identify and solve issues in a timely manner.
Systems engineering experience in the following areas are required:
- Software Development
- Experience working with multiple frameworks and IDEs
- Experience managing version control and continuous integration systems such as Perforce, Git, Jenkins, Travis, Teamcity
- Windows Systems Administration
- Relational Database Design and Administration including SQL Server
- Control and Access systems: AMX, Lutron, Lenel, Omnilock
- Web Application Design and Support Tool Programming
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and web services such as SOAP, REST, AJAX
Experience with technology used in the entertainment industry, such as:
- MacOS Systems Administration
- Software Development Servers and IDEs: Perforce, SVN, GIT, Jira, Mercurial-stays
- Game Design and Development Support
- Experience designing and supporting a game development pipeline and building tools for developers and game designers
- Experience with Unity/C#, Unreal/C++ and other game engines
- Experience with game deployment on multiple platforms including Console, PC, iOS and Android
- Experience with asset optimization for entertainment pipelines
- Experience with game usability testing systems such as Noldus
- Jaunt, Hololens, Google), gaming hardware, multi-player game servers and game computing
- Preferred Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or information technology with 5-10 years directly related work experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Intermediate understanding of and experience with systems administration, backups, operating systems programming languages and associated hardware platforms.
REQ20077272 Posted Date: 01/14/2020 - Thru date - 2020-02-14 Apply