Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Systems Administrator IVApply USC Institute for Neuroimaging and Informatics Los Angeles, California
The Laboratory of Neuro Imaging (www.loni.usc.edu), part of the USC Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, is a leading neuroscience team of researchers, clinicians, programmers and trainees studying the brain in health and disease. We are seeking a systems engineer responsible for the maintenance, configuration, planning and implementation of mission critical computer systems infrastructure.
Apart from having all the qualifications listed below, you have experience and strong technical knowledge of operating systems, networking, electronic messaging, backup, and storage systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining systems infrastructure to ensure availability, reliability and security
- Maintaining a high availability email infrastructure
- Maintaining backup systems infrastructure
- Planning for future growth based on the organizational demand for compute and related infrastructure resources
- Recommend technology to improve processes and infrastructure visibility
Key requirements, skills, knowledge include:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years systems administration experience, 8+ years of progressive experience is desirable
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange and its related technologies (LDAP, DNS, SMTP, IIS, MS Clustering, Database Availability Groups, Client Access)
- Solid knowledge of Networking: Theory, Implementation, and Troubleshooting in a cross platform environment, using various media (Wired, Wireless, Routing and Switching, NG Firewalls)
- Solid knowledge of Various Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- Solid knowledge of Virtualized Infrastructures (VMWare, KVM, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity
- Solid knowledge of Storage Systems (NAS, SAN, Object, and Tape Hardware)
- Good knowledge of Information Governance (e.g. HIPAA, and other compliance regulations)
- Good knowledge of Software Development Principles and Workflows
- Good knowledge of Various Scripting Languages (BASH, Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Application Load Balancing (F5 LTM/GTM, Kemp, etc.)
- Experience with Systems Integration with external authentication sources
- Experience with Configuration Management Software (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with Source Control and Versioning Systems (Git, SVN)
- Experience with Grid Scheduling architecture is a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of tasks, issues and incidents
- Ability to manage vendors, engagements and incident response
- Ability to mentor colleagues and customers
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicant Attachments (Required): Resume, List of 3-5 references
Applicant Attachments (Optional): Any work samples including code, scripts, etc.
1) How many years of Linux/Unix experience do you have?
2) What is the last technology you learned?
3) Describe your experience in the following areas: networking, storage, high performance computing, and devops.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a cover letter (including links to work samples), resume, and a list of references using the application link found on this page. Applicants must answer the required questions. This position is not open to recruiters/staffing agencies.
Incomplete applications may not be reviewed.
No recruiters/agencies/outsource or offshore.
Absolutely no calls.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Expert understanding and strong technical knowledge of and experience with systems administration, backups, operating systems programming languages and associated hardware platforms. Possesses the required knowledge to build, configure, load and restore a system from the ground up. Previous systems administration experience required.
REQ20065510 Posted Date: 09/13/2018 Apply