Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Technical Engineer II (Citrix Engineer) - Infrastructure - FT 8 Hour DaysApply Keck Hospital - Infrastructure Citrix Application Hospital Los Angeles, California
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Or the equivalent combination of experience and education that would demonstrate the capability to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
· At least five (5) years’ experience supporting and implementing technology environments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Familiarity with diagnostic and administrative tools.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Good customer service skills
· Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
· Able to solve a range of problems in stressful situations
· Able to analyze possible solutions and assess each using standard procedures
· Able to effectively explain information and influence others in straightforward situations
· Able to make appropriate decisions within guidelines and policies
· Able to effectively prioritize own work to meet changing deadlines
· Provide after-hours and weekend on-call support for service-related issues.
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
The Technical Engineer II is responsible for the resolution of complex business and technical issues associated with information systems of Keck Medicine of USC. Depending upon area of assignment, incumbents in this job class work primarily with IT work groups and assist senior engineers in resolving software or system design, development, installation, performance, or architecture issues and may work in data modeling efforts..
• Analyzes, develops and proposes solutions for Service Requests, Trouble Reports, and technical issues occurring in IT systems
• Implements and/or supervises the implementation of solutions; ensures or assists in addressing any system, database or performance issues that may be encountered
• Recommends and implements solutions for IT system problems arising from architectural, database, or distributed system constraints
• Implements software security directives from the organizations Information Security department.
• Documents the technical aspects of Keck Medicine of USC’s system designs
• Trains and mentors new members of the team in the environment and the use of support software.
• Analyzes system capacity and performance in both batch and on-line environments; creates and maintains data and process models; recommends and makes systems/architecture modifications based upon analysis.
• Coordinates and communicates with other IT staff to resolve technical issues ensuring that sufficient information is communicated and that effective mode of communication is selected.
• Interacts and coordinates with clients and vendors to foster a satisfying customer service relationship; proactively identifies technical issues/problems that could negatively impact business operations; develops and proposes a variety of solutions and options; assists clients in selecting the most effective course of action.
REQ20067868 Posted Date: 05/17/2019 Apply