At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Technical Project SpecialistApply USC Auxiliary Services - Central IT Los Angeles, California
USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values.
USC Auxiliary Services is focused on applying and maintaining new technologies that change how our Trojans work, learn, and go about their day-to-day lives. Information Technology keeps our business units on both campuses secure and on the cutting edge of technology. The team provides server and operations management, IT governance and project management services, business unit and enterprise web development services, and technical support. Whenever a staff member is in need, Central IT is here to help and tackle new problems with innovative solutions.
We are seeking a Technical Project Specialist to join our rapidly growing team.
As we continue to develop cutting edge technologies to keep our business units ahead of the market, we are in need of an organized, efficient, and strategic Technical Project Specialist. You will lead our team to continued development of new technology and usability improvements. Connecting our team with our users and ensuring that we exceed our business units’ expectations will be your driving force.
- Performs projects lead administrative support responsibilities for Auxiliary Services CIT team.
- Gathers IT and business unit project documents and populate in the AS IT Project Management site.
- Collects project data and publishes the AS IT project status reports.
- Assist the Director of AS IT prepare documentation for the monthly AS IT Governance Meeting.
- Interacts with hardware and software vendors to get quotes, receive hardware, oversees project costs and gathers documentation as needed.
- May be asked to take the role of a Technical Project Manager for selected AS IT or Auxiliary Services business unit projects.
- Execute within all areas of systems integration, hardware selection, and configuration, prototype development, systems configurations, software/data installation, and system software.
- Provide a variety of IT consulting services in areas such as specialized software, hardware, data access/analysis, and research. Provide support for specialized software/data installation, configuration, and planning. Investigate and analyze various specialized computing options and solutions.
- Research, gather, organize, and summarize data for special technology projects. Develop, evaluate, recommend, and implement procedures for data acquisition, management, and quality control. Analyze data for trends or conclusions. Present results and recommendations to management.
- Serve as key resource for specialized technology project information. Interface with faculty, staff, and/or external contacts necessary to complete assignments. Resolve problems and/or questions referred by project staff or administrators.
- Interact with hardware and software vendors to establish or maintain supportive relations. Conduct side-by-side vendor comparisons, formulate performance criteria, and submit benchmark analysis reports with usage recommendations.
- Conduct research on new technologies as requested. Test new specialized software and hardware and recommend purchase for University-wide or department usage.
- Assist with budget development. Monitor and reconcile budget activity. Analyze variances and provide projections. Prepare financial reports, as needed.
- Prepare status reports on specialized technology project plans, progress, and result of activities. Develop, enhance, and maintain information systems to support project operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 2 years.
- Expert skill-level and specialized experience in IT.
- Experience with the design, modification, operation, installation, and maintenance of IT equipment and systems as well as IT project management.
- Demonstrated communication and customer service skills.
- Budget development and control experience.
- Knowledge of application/systems development methodologies, enterprise/information architecture, and usability engineering.
What We Prefer:
- Degree in information science or information technology. Certification in information technology project management.
- Ability to supervise student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Expert skill-level and specialized experience in specialty area. Experience with the design, modification, operation, installation, and maintenance of IT equipment and systems as well as information technology project management.
REQ20058642 Posted Date: 04/26/2018 Apply