Information Technology Services
At Information Technology Services, our goal is to be the university's trusted business partner by creating a culture of exceptional customer service. Bringing together a team of diverse and talented professionals, we provide the central IT services that support USC's schools, hospitals, research centers, and administrative units. Through our recently launched digital transformation initiatives, we aim to develop an environment of continuous service improvement, founded on cross-functional teamwork, industry best practices, innovation, and commitment to the customer experience.
Unified Communications ManagerApply Infrastructure Services ITS Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California’s (USC’s) Information Technology Services is seeking a talented Unified Communications Manager with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join its team. As the Unified Communications Manager, you will be an integral member of the Unified Communications and Collaborationteam, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional information technology problems, improve customer experience, and generate value for our campus stakeholders across a broad base of departments and constituencies.
ITS has embarked on a major digital transformation initiative to continually improve services for faculty, staff, and students in support of USC’s ascent as a leading institution of higher education. The ITS vision aligns strategy, business, and services; affirms ITS cultural values; empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces world-class best practices; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve this vision, ITS is committed to providing a modern technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing customer base, training in the latest technologies for its highly productive and motivated workforce, outstanding customer experience, and technology services that are aligned with the university’s mission to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students. ITS is creating a workplace where employees can develop cutting-edge skills, take pride in the services they provide, and have access to the roles and career paths that align to their abilities and potential.
We are looking for top talent to join us on our journey.
USC’s ITS organization represents a diverse and talented team, committed to supporting a collaborative culture and delivering secure and innovative IT services, core to the mission of USC. ITS values accountability, excellence, and commitment to exceptional customer experience. ITS strives for a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages employees to do their best work every day and where individuals are recognized and celebrated for their contributions.
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology, and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
Come join the ITS team and work as a trusted partner in shaping an environment of innovation and excellence for the university.
The candidate for the position of Unified Communications Manager must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Six years of experience in the field of information technology.
- CCNP Voice (CCVP) or equivalent certification required.
- Strong knowledge of voice application and unified communications (UC) service networks, including network appliances (e.g., unified communications managers, voice switches, media gateways, routers, load balancers, and firewalls).
- Proven experience supporting large-scale network implementations and upgrades and delivering reliable and quality network service within a higher education environment.
- Direct, hands-on experience with network transport, design, planning, and implementation.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members; demonstrated experience in leading a multifunctional team.
The ideal candidate for the position of Unified Communications Manager has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or a related field.
- More than eight years of experience in the field of information technology. Three or more years of experience in a management or leadership role.
- In-depth understanding of routing protocols (such as Border Gateway Protocol [BGP]), LAN technologies (including VLANs, STP, VXLAN), WAN technologies (including virtual routing and forwarding contexts [VRFs], Ethernet VPN [EVPN], dark fiber, and Ethernet delivery), firewall technologies (SSL decryption, remote access VPN, site-to-site VPN, architecture, and placement), client/server architectures, system design, QoS, load balancers, forward/reverse proxies, converged storage, and converged voice to administrative network services.
- Is a persuasive and effective communicator with the ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders and with experience presenting the business side of technical topics to non-technical audiences.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
The Unified Communications Manager drives best-in-class enterprise communication technologies for the university. The Unified Communications Manager is responsible for ensuring that the performance and availability of communication services meet campus customer needs through monitoring, timely service restoration, diagnostics, and tuning. As a member of ITS, the Unified Communications Manager is expected to model and cultivate ITS’s cultural values and behaviors within his or her team.
The Unified Communications Manager:
- Serves as a technical advisor to the network operations team on the design of complex voice solutions and customer troubleshooting issues to ensure that they are resolved in an effective and timely manner.
- Manages large third-party vendor relationships and services with telecommunication partners; defines strategy for mobile telecommunication partners (e.g., DAS, campus cell towers, etc.).
- Drives the technology strategy for voice operations including platform performance and availability, platform monitoring, routing protocols, voice services, LAN and WAN technologies, releases, upgrades, and changes.
- Defines standard processes to manage voice services including routing, infrastructure support, availability, service restoration, diagnostics, tuning, and remediation plans.
- Provides vision and high-level direction for infrastructure services within the larger context of the ITS and USC environments.
- Works closely with ITS leadership to identify, implement, and support cost-effective, leading solutions for all aspects of Unified Communications and Collaboration .
- Establishes and maintains trusted relationships with customers, partners, and ITS departments to build an information technology strategy that responds to the business vision, goals, and strategy of the university.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS The candidate for the position of Unified Communications Manager must meet the following qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. • Six years of experience in the field of information technology. • CCNP Voice (CCVP) or equivalent certification required. • Strong knowledge of voice application and unified communications (UC) service networks, including network appliances (e.g., unified communications managers, voice switches, media gateways, routers, load balancers, and firewalls). • Proven experience supporting large-scale network implementations and upgrades and delivering reliable and quality network service within a higher education environment. • Direct, hands-on experience with network transport, design, planning, and implementation. • Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members; demonstrated experience in leading a multifunctional team.
REQ2019398 Posted Date: 09/05/2019 Apply