Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Virtual Branch - Member Relationship Specialist IIApply Interim VB Internet Loan Production Los Angeles, California
USCCredit Union, a dynamic $505 million credit union located steps from USC’s University Park campus near Downtown Los Angeles, is looking for an experienced Member Relationship Specialist II for its Virtual Branch. This position reports directly to the Branch Manager and is responsible for building and fostering relationships with USCCU’s members and potential members. The Member Relationship Specialist II gathers and analyzes member data at the time of each interaction to respond to inquiries and offer customized solutions using in-depth knowledge ofUSCCUproducts, services and technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Consistently meeting established performance standards, service standards and sales goals
· Using credit report, sound lending practices and solid judgment to make lending recommendations or decisions
· Developing and deepening member relationships by providing high-quality consultative service that identifies member needs and matches those needs with value-added USCCU products and services
· Processing member transactions efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner. Includes loan payments, new account application, lending applications, and all related documentation
· Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures as they relate to USCCU’s products and services
· Acting, on occasion, as a backup Member Relationship Specialist at other USC CU locations/branches
The ideal candidate will:
· Comfortable with high volume and fast pace environment
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree
· Have a minimum of two years’ experience in financial institution sales and service with a proven track record of meeting production and sales goals
· Has experience with processing and funding consumer loans (franchise/non-franchise dealerships, private party, lease buyouts, out of state purchases and unsecured loans)
· Be knowledgeable in Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, US Patriot Act, Regulation CC and funds availability, GLB and Member Financial Privacy, NCUSIF, and Truth in Savings
· Be flexible with scheduling that may include occasional Saturday hours and weekday afternoon/evening hours
· Possess a high sense of urgency, attention to detail, initiative and integrity
· Have exceptional interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
· Pass a pre-employment background and credit check
USCCUoffers a competitive salary and perhaps the best benefit package in the CU industry. We are a member-focused financial cooperative committed to becoming the preeminent financial services provider to the Trojan Family.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Previous experience in sales, retail or financial institutions (operating in a sales-driven environment) with proven track record of meeting production/sales goals. Must possess a minimum of one year consumer underwriting experience. Must be familiar with Word, Excel and Outlook. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills. Has effective organizational skills. Utilizes effective sales techniques with limited supervision. Able to consistently meet or exceed established performance goals in a financial services environment.
REQ20056383 Posted Date: 02/13/2018 Apply