Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Visitor Services Assistant (Resource)Apply Office of the Provost Los Angeles, California
The Visitor Services Assistant is responsible for providing outstanding visitor service while working the front-of-house post and exhibition spaces at USC Fisher Museum. (75%) The position also provides outstanding visitor service, processes museum admission and shop transactions seasonally at the USC Pacific Asia Museum. (25%) The Assistant presents a positive, friendly and enthusiastic attitude to provide a wide range of visitors an informative, enjoyable and memorable experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively demonstrates a guest-first attitude through positive attitude, personal service, clear communication, and consistent actions.
- Actively tracks museum attendance; promotes exhibitions, programs, and memberships at USC Fisher and USC PAM.
- Maintains conversational knowledge of museum policies, programming and exhibition schedule. Maintains a clean and organized work and gallery space.
- Assists visitors in the capacity of gallery support when required. Shares factual and necessary exhibition related information with visitors.
- Operates register and receives payment for ticket, membership and shop transactions while maintaining strict attention to cash handling accuracy.
- Corresponds with colleagues via excellent written and verbal skills. Submits weekly reports to supervisor.
- Escalates any guest service issues, complaints or unanswerable questions to the Visitor Services Manager and/or Museum Operations Manager.
- Assists with Event setup; assists with Group Tours. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains regular Tuesday-Saturday shift.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 6 months of retail customer service experience
What We Prefer:
- Preferred Experience: 1 year of retail customer service experience
- Preferred Expertise: Experience with data entry and inventory in a museum environment. Use of Microsoft Office.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent Minimum Experience: 6 months of retail customer service experience Preferred Experience: 1 year of retail customer service experience Preferred Expertise: Experience with data entry and inventory in a museum environment. Use of Microsoft Office.
REQ20105773 Posted Date: 09/07/2021 Apply