Information Technology Services
At Information Technology Services, our goal is to be the university's trusted business partner by creating a culture of exceptional customer service. Bringing together a team of diverse and talented professionals, we provide the central IT services that support USC's schools, hospitals, research centers, and administrative units. Through our recently launched digital transformation initiatives, we aim to develop an environment of continuous service improvement, founded on cross-functional teamwork, industry best practices, innovation, and commitment to the customer experience.
Workday Integrations DeveloperApply Enterprise Portfolio Management Office ITS Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC) has established a Workday Financials deployment program covering our academic enterprise as well as our hospitals. This program is critical to USC’s overall goals to improve administrative efficiency. Workday Financials will be paired with the existing Workday HR and Payroll solutions implemented in 2013.
We are currently seeking five Workday Integrations Developers (Programmer Analyst III) to join our Workday Financials deployment program team. The Workday Integrations Developers will be will be responsible for gathering requirements from business users, designing, developing, testing and deploying Workday integrations for the Workday financials module.
The ideal candidate must possess 3 years of experience in service-oriented architecture design principals, common ERP HCM/Financials integration design patterns, phased implementation methodologies and in-depth knowledge of various Workday integration cloud technologies like EIB, Core Connectors, Document Transformation and Workday Studio. Familiarity with the Workday object model and creating calculated fields and custom reports as well as demonstrated proficiency with Web Services, SOAP, XML, XSLT, REST, JSON, HTTP, SSL, PGP, SAML, etc. are required. Experience with Workday Financials deployment is strongly preferred.
ITS is committed to providing information technology services and support to the university. ITS provides essential, university-wide services such as:
- Enterprise information systems
- University wired and wireless networks
- Educational Technology
- Research Computing
- IT Security
There are five vacancies for this role.
These are a fixed-term position with an anticipated end date of December 31, 2021. Please note that these are full-time role eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with key business users and stakeholders to gather requirements for integrations
- Evaluate, communicate and coordinate the technical impacts of application configuration decisions
- Create detailed system interface specifications, field mapping, and system process designs
- Walk the business users through the integration design documents and getting sign-offs needed
- Develop the Workday integrations using the Workday integration cloud technologies to meet the business requirements
- Test the integrations – Formulating scenarios that need to be tested, documenting them as well as working with the business and vendors on testing the integrations
- Deploy integrations to other Workday tenants
- Track issues and risks communicate status and escalate concerns to project management
- Design, code, test, debug, install, documents and maintain moderately complex software applications.
- Interact with users to determine their software application objectives, scope and requirements.
- Produce the required analysis and application design, either individually or by actively participating in development process. Produce design specification documents
- Translate design specifications into programming languages
- Develop test data and routines required to test and revise application(s).Ensures application(s) is thoroughly tested before release. Write reports of test results.
- Detect, define and debug programs whenever problems are reported or encountered
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
The Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, organization development, communication or related discipline
- 3 years of experience with integrations
- 3 years of project experience in a technical or techno-functional role with one or more ERP implementations in HCM or Financials
- Experience in service-oriented architecture design principals, common ERP HCM/Financials integration design patterns, phased implementation methodologies
- Knowledge of various cloud technologies like EIB, Core Connectors, Document Transformation and Workday Studio
- Demonstrated proficiency with Web Services, SOAP, XML, XSLT, REST, JSON, HTTP, SSL, PGP, SAML, etc.
- Knowledge of programming and documentation procedures, programming methods, program flow charts and operator instructions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication capabilities; able to communicate effectively with diverse people and individuals at various levels within the organization
- Willingness to take charge and the ability to simplify a complex problem
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at a time and operate in a group or confidence to lead that group through a challenge and to a solution
- Superior detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
The Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or other engineering discipline
- 5 or more years of integration experience
- Experience with Workday Financials deployment
- Experience in Workday integration cloud technologies like EIB, Core Connectors, Document Transformation and Workday Studio
- Experience within the Higher Education and/or Health Care industry
USC benefits include a choice of retirement programs, 12 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid sick days per year, university holidays, a choice of medical and dental plans, and discounts to football games, basketball games, and other campus events.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Sound knowledge of programming and documentation procedures, programming methods, program flow charts and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages. Competent to work independently on complex programming activities.
REQ20067663 Posted Date: 10/25/2019 Apply