Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Senior Programmer AnalystApply Information Sciences Institute Marina del Rey, California
Information Sciences Institute (ISI), a unit of USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering, is a world leader in the research and development of advanced information processing, computing, and communications technologies. ISI operates one of the world’s largest academic high-performance computing clusters. ISI has three research campuses: one in Marina Del Rey, CA; one in Arlington, VA; and one in Waltham, MA.
*This position is located in Marina del Rey, CA.*
Information Sciences Institute (ISI) seeks a Senior Programmer Analyst for its Metal Oxide Semiconductor Implementation Service (MOSIS) group.
Applicants selected for this position will require access to ITAR materials. According to U.S. government restrictions, ONLY U.S. citizens OR lawful permanent residents (green card) are eligible for ITAR access.
- Works with Oracle database include programming using PL/SQL, application data modeling, and table design
- Analyzes business requirements for large multifunctional projects. Identifies business practice and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions.
- Designs, develops and implements complex computer systems, programs and applications. Defines system scope and objectives. Interfaces with users to identify and develop system requirements taking into account desired results, hardware limitation and operating requirements. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written and/or modified.
- Searches for opportunities to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs by capitalizing on emerging technologies and adapting current technologies to meet the needs of the user. Performs feasibility studies.
- Prepares system and programming documentation for users and other programmers in accordance with internal and external standards. Trains users and programmers as required.
- Develops test data, revisions and routines required for program check-out. Writes reports on test results. Detects, defines and debugs programs whenever problems arise.
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction to other programmers, as needed. Networks with professional counterparts inside and outside the university.
Experience with Oracle database including programming using PL/SQL, Application data modeling and table design and Object Oriented programming experience. Know web technology and experience with design and support Production and Financial applications.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Business application design, development, installation and modification. Competent to work independently on complex programming activities.
REQ20053420 Posted Date: 11/20/2017 Apply