At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Manager, Facility and Events, USC Pacific Asia MuseumApply USC Pacific Asia Museum - Operations Pasadena, California
The Pacific Asia Museum at the University of Southern California, is the only museum devoted to the arts and culture of Asia and Pacific Islands located within a major research university. The Museum is housed in a registered historical building in the style of a Chinese courtyard located in Pasadena, CA. Its collection of over 15,000 pieces encompasses a wide range of art and cultural traditions from Asia and Pacific Islands and spans more than five thousand years. For additional information, see the museum’s website, pacificasiamuseum.usc.edu.
Reporting to the Director, the Facilities and Events Manager oversees the maintenance, repairs, and upkeep of the University of Southern California Pacific Asia Museum building and manages external events. Facility management includes oversight of repair and maintenance of all HVAC, electrical, audio visual, lighting, plumbing systems, automated controls, fire safety and security systems, grounds, and housekeeping. Events management includes oversight of all aspects of external event rentals.
• Manage the repair and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, climate control, lighting, plumbing, security and automated controls systems of the building
• Acts as on-call manager for all facility maintenance and security emergency calls.
• Coordinates and oversees the approved contracted repair and maintenance services with USC’s Facilities Maintenance Services department and local vendors to ensure the proper operation of all building systems
• Coordinates and directs facilities renovation projects
• Using manufacturers’ recommendations and job knowledge; establish and carry out a preventative maintenance program for the building, HVAC, electronic and plumbing equipment and systems.
• Maintain a preventative maintenance log of weekly, quarterly, and annual maintenance.
• Initiate, coordinate and oversee all building inspections for the physical facility and building systems.
• Assists with the administration of specific HVAC and humidity levels in compliance with AAM standards, including timely reporting to the Director and curatorial staff of system problems or needed repairs.
• Works with Education Department to plan logistical needs to ensure facilities set up requirements are met for all event and program needs.
• Oversee the facility audio visual system, including inventory of all electronics owned by the museum, training of new staff, maintenance of audio visual system, and security of system equipment
• Acts as liaison with city, county and state, as it relates to fire, security, and building code compliance and acquires necessary project permits
• Work with Administrative Budget and Facilities Coordinator to initiate and train staff and volunteers on first aid response, emergency planning, fire drill response programs and drills
• Actively market, seek and coordinate facility rental opportunities
• Coordinate all event logistics
• Update event floor plans, architect timelines and staffing needs, maintaining the master calendar of upcoming events
• Attend certain events to ensure that everything is running smoothly
• Help identify and secure potential event clients to utilize the museum
• Associate’s Degree
• Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum education
• 1 years of facilities management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of experience with both facilities and event management experience
• Ability to speak other languages, fluently, is a plus
• Proven experience in providing top notch customer service to a variety of constituents
• Effective communicator to all levels (both internal and external) to the Museum and University
• Well versed in safety policies and procedures and trainings
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, Salesforce, etc.
• Ability to be resourceful, forward thinking and entrepreneurial
• Meets the role’s ever changing demands with a can-do attitude
Minimum Qualifications: Education: - Associate's Degree - Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Experience: - 1 year of experience in facilities management
REQ20082057 Posted Date: 11/11/2019 Apply