Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Programmer Analyst II - Full Stack Software DeveloperApply Keck School of Medicine San Diego, California
The USC Keck School of Medicine - Alzheimer Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI), located in San Diego, California is an academic institute comprised of an expert panel of scientific collaborators committed to advancing the development of new treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) through innovative clinical trials.
ATRI is looking for a Programmer Analyst II that will assist with developing software applications using programming languages to the given design specifications. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow design specifications to code, test, debug, install, document, and maintain software applications.
- Develops new and enhanced functionality for software applications.
- Prepares code documentation in support of program development.
- Responsible for Interfacing with users to determine software application objectives, scope and requirements.
- Performs work of moderate complexity and handles most activities under general supervision of more experienced programming staff.
- 1+ years full-stack web development experience including front-end, back-end
- Experience with Django and the Django security models is highly preferred
- Experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework (preferably: AngularJS, Cassandra, React, NoSQL)
- Experience with an RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with version control fundamentals (GIT, HG, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with Agile Project Management Tools (Atlassian – JIRA - Confluence)
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration
- Strong understanding of fundamental web service technologies including XML, SOA, and REST is highly preferred
- Strong software integration experience
- Strong understanding of AWS
- Good taste with respect to code quality
- Passionate about performance, reliability and scalability
Location: San Diego, CA
The hourly rate range for this position is $42.31 - $53.21. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent Minimum Experience: 1 year, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Sound knowledge of programming and documentation procedures, programming methods, program flow charts and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages.
REQ20120454 Posted Date: 01/16/2023 Apply