At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Administrative Coordinator, HospitalityApply USC Hospitality - Residential Los Angeles, California
USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values.
We are seeking a Administrative Coordinator to join our rapidly growing team.
Are you a master of organization? Do you take pride in your attention to detail? Then this is the job for you! As the Departmental Administrator, you will ensure that our operations are running smoothly. Whether it’s organizing files, arranging schedules, preparing reports, or proofreading our correspondence, no task will be too big or too small for you to handle. With so many events and renovations ahead, we need you to be energetic, passionate, and driven!
- Assist in preparing and processing correspondence, reports, course materials and/or other documents. Type or word process forms and documents of varying length and content.
- Enter and retrieve electronic data. Process printed documents.
- Totals, verifies and posts financial information. Prepares and issues bills, statements, receipts, checks and other related documents.
- Receive visitors and ascertain pertinent information. Answer telephones and provide information or refer calls. Take and deliver messages. Schedule appointments and maintain calendar(s).
- Maintain unit files, logs and other records. Enter data into electronic files, databases, and/or spreadsheets, as needed.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and packages. Send and distribute fax messages.
- Monitor inventory and order unit supplies. Maintain adequate stock of supplies. Assist in receiving, storing, and distributing supplies.
- Run errands for unit.
- Operate and assist others in operating a variety of office machines, such as: typewriter, computer, printer, calculator, photocopier, fax machine, telephone, switchboard, postage meter, scales, etc. Perform minor maintenance (e.g., replaces ribbons and toner, and troubleshoots minor problems).
- Prepare labor, payroll, and cost reports for venue management review.
- Coordinates and schedules the annual term break process.
- Manage 30/60/90 review calendar for assigned department.
- Upon management direction and approval, place orders for janitorial chemicals, smallware, flatware, and china.
- Assists venue management in verifying and inputting employee schedules into labor scheduler.
- Maintains complete knowledge of, and complies with all Auxiliary Services departmental policies and service procedures
- Contacts vendors to ensure on-time delivery of ordered materials, follows up on all open invoices and orders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Accomplished general office and organizational skills along with working knowledge of standard software programs and applications.
- Needs to operate, maintain, and demonstrate varied office equipment.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
What We Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Specialized/technical training.
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
REQ20067829 Posted Date: 11/27/2018 Apply