Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Assistant Director, Donor Events SpecialistApply External Affairs - Development Los Angeles, California
The USC Marshall School of Business seeks a self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented professional to be the next Assistant Director, Donor Events Specialist in the Office of External Relations.
The Assistant Director manages development events for the Office of External Relations, Marshall School of Business and Leventhal School of Accounting. This position reports to the Senior Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manages from inception to completion all aspects of External Relations events, including: major gift cultivation and stewardship events with the Dean (local, regional, and international), USC Marshall Partners Regional Signature events, the Marshall Annual Scholarship Luncheon, faculty chair recognition/installation events, corporate appreciation events, donor stewardship events, away football events with the Dean, Marshall Parents’ Program events, and Commencement VIP Reception; approximately 20-25 events each year.
- Coordinates two major fundraising events for the Leventhal School of Accounting (i.e., Leventhal School of Accounting Annual Holiday Celebration and the Leventhal Annual Dinner); partners with alumni and volunteers to solicit corporate support for these events.
- Manages event budgets and metrics
- Develops and maintains master events calendar for External Relations
- Maintains and manages distribution of donor gift inventory and greeting cards
- Coordinates the Dean’s and External Relations’ holiday card processes
- Hires and manages one or more student workers
- Travels as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience in event management within higher education, including work with sponsorships
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with and managing the expectations of various internal and external stakeholders, especially VIP/high profile clients and event attendees
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on assigned tasks within established time-frames and with minimal supervision; exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience negotiating, securing and managing the delivery of services by outside vendors
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Familiarity with research and event management software (e.g., Qualtrics and Eventbrite).
- Minimum qualifications for position are listed below
- Resume and cover letter required. Please do not submit your application without these documents.
Who are we?
Founded in 1880, USC is one of the world’s leading private research universities. With a strong tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, USC fosters a vibrant culture of public service and encourages students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the country’s top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace.
For more information on the USC Marshall School of Business, visit: www.marshall.usc.edu.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience with special events planning, fundraising management and/or alumni volunteer relations management. Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communications.
REQ20057019 Posted Date: 03/13/2018 - Thru date - 3/19/2018 Apply