At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Associate Director of Transportation Demand ManagementApply USC Auxiliary Services - Executive Staff Auxiliary Services Los Angeles, California
Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
In the ever expanding city of Los Angeles, Trojans need reliable and convenient transportation options. USC Transportation has risen to meet that need, operating parking structures, busses, student-run Campus Cruisers and a fuel station. To meet the unique needs of each Trojan, Transportation also coordinates with numerous taxi companies and rental car agencies to provide a vast source of transit options. A division of USC Auxiliary Services, Transportation is always looking for new ways to make USC safer and more convenient for students, athletes, faculty, staff, and visitors.
We are seeking an Associate Director of Transportation Demand Management to join our rapidly growing team.
The Associate Director of Transportation Demand Management will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of USC Bus and Campus Cruiser services at the University Park and Health Sciences Campuses. As the Associate Director, you will work to ensure bus routes and Campus Cruiser routes are timely and effective, costs are maintained, and an opportunity for improved technology and sustainability are researched, all while ensuring an overall great customer service experience. You are also responsible for overseeing the USC Fuel Station operation and First Vehicle maintenance contract. Additionally, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key Auxiliary Services, University and outside contacts.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff; responsible for scheduling, training, hiring, payroll processing, performance management, vehicle maintenance, ensuring compliance with DOT regulations as well as CHP inspections, and coordination of special events.
- Participation in emergency response.
- Ensure positive and creative environment for managers and employees, through goal-setting, evaluations, and facilitation of communication.
- Produce weekly profit and loss reports, assist with annual budget process, oversee sales and cost forecasting, and ensure profit. Meet or exceed budgetary expectations.
- Develop systems to improve operational efficiency and facilitate volume growth. Ensure the adherence to those systems internally.
- Make recommendations regarding selection of large acquisitions and specialized teams.
- Review large requisitions and annual contracts for conformance to standards. Make recommendations and revisions accordingly. Approve purchases and review all contracts. Maintain and audit existing and potential contracts and/or agreements.
- Direct the development of systems, methods, and procedures to facilitate efficient and effective departmental operations.
- Oversee maintenance of all facilities and related equipment; Develop and maintain operating procedures and records for operations and performance of building systems. Implement safe and efficient operations procedures for facilities. Serve as primary point of contact for Facilities, Information Technology, Space Management, and Equipment Management.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations such as ,,
- Act as liaison between company, employees, and subcontractors. Maintain contract and contractor statuses. Review all correspondence concerning contractors. Conduct and attend meetings to communicate top-down and bottom-up on a consistent real time basis.
- Oversee daily operations of Customer Service department. Monitor division budget.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Responsible for all university Transportation Demand Management Initiatives that include transit subsidy, UPASS Program, Carpool, Vanpool and E-Scooter policies, bikeshare, as well as working with the campus community and peer institutions to introduce additional options.
- This position also serves as the transportation sustainability coordinator for initiatives associated with university efforts within sustainable practices that include: Reduction of single occupancy vehicles, enhancing the pedestrian, cyclist and transit user experience, providing effective transportation alternatives, EV Charging infrastructure recommendations, and Marketing of all programs to the campus community
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Experience with general financial statements, accounts payable, and budgets required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Payroll/Staff Scheduling experience.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Experience in transit/transportation or university operations preferred.
- Experience training, supervising, counseling, and hiring employees.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Valid CA driver's license required. Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment.
What We Prefer:
- Master’s Degree.
- Transit route design experience preferred.
- Experience in University Auxiliary Services.
- Knowledge of applicable University policies, as well as local, state, and federal laws.
- Marketing or public relations experience.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- : dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- : discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional and supervisory experience in area of program specialization
REQ20083757 Posted Date: 12/04/2019 Apply