Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
BioinformaticianApply Institute of Translational Genomics Los Angeles, California
The Institute of Translational Genomics is seeking to hire a bioinformatician or “informatics specialist for bioinformatics” to work with members of the Institute of Translational Genomics in the development of pipelines a new Next-Generation Sequencing Center to service the Keck School of Medicine, the University of Southern California (USC), and its affiliates. This masters or bachelors level individual will work other bioinformaticians and the Sequencing Center leadership to develop pipelines in support of sequencing data analysis, management, related resources resources.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Applicants with background in molecular biology, genetics or similar field, strong laboratory experience and bioinformatics expertise are encouraged to apply.
- An in-depth and practical knowledge of bio-statistics and the ability to work with a variety of different biological data types.
- Have previously worked with NGS data, including RNA-seq and ChIP-seq.
- Experience working within a Linux-based environment and working with high-performance computing and cloud-based analysis platforms.
- Strong computer skills on the analysis of genomic data using bioinformatics, in addition to working knowledge of sequencing technologies is required.
- Proficiency in Python, postgreSQL and R. Programming experience with two scripting languages, either Python, Perl or Ruby, and standard algorithms - data structures.
- Experience working with genomics or epigenomics data from patient samples, mouse models or cancer cell lines.
- Familiarity with relational database systems and writing SQL queries for data management/storage retrieval.
Minimum Education: Master's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated creativity and innovation in solving conceptual programming problems. Competent to work independently on complex programming.
REQ20047293 Posted Date: 11/09/2017 - Thru date - 2/28/2018 Apply