Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Digital Content ManagerApply Communications Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California is one of the world’s leading private research universities. Situated in the heart of Los Angeles, USC is home to the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, and 22 academic schools and units. It is the region’s prominent institution for the arts, technology, medicine, and business. USC’s University Communications department seeks a proven digital content manager who will be an integral part of the team in telling the USC story on emerging platforms and formats.
The digital content manager will play an essential role in the generation of digital content (inbound marketing) for owned media channels, primarily as the university works to expand those channels through new websites and digital initiatives. The manager needs to be a strong writer with best-in-class experience optimizing written content using leading SEO techniques for USC's digital audiences. They need to be well-versed in WordPress web publishing platforms; experience in Gutenberg is a bonus.
- Develops and executes a digital content strategy to supply gateway websites with fresh, relevant content.
- Works with ITS to stand up new websites that support major university initiatives.
- Generates new content to create the website and establishes a content strategy to keep the site fresh and relevant, highlighting essential elements of the initiative.
- Identifies opportunities for multimedia storytelling and works with the Creative Services team to source appropriate visual content, including images, illustrations, and videos
- Collaborates with social media team on broader digital content campaigns.
- Optimizes content for digital distribution utilizing SEO best practices; experience writing for search optimization is essential with experience using Google Search Console and services such as SpyFu, SEMRush, etc.
- Authors original content, ensuring managed digital content is factually accurate and adheres to university editorial and brand standards.
- Dynamically contributes to projects and initiatives geared toward improving the quality and reach of university content and improving the production and shareability of content.
- Stays abreast of the higher education content, developing recommendations for new and innovative content, including interactive pieces and features.
- Actively builds relationships with cross-functional groups within University Communications and content creators from other communications groups across the university, operating as part of an integrated team and looking for opportunities to contribute expertise.
- Inspires creative approaches to content creation, nurturing innovative thinking and dynamic storytelling.
- Identifies opportunities for new storytelling based on SEO, findings from metrics and priority-aligned trending topics in social media.
- Explains findings from measuring success of SEO, social media, email, website and other media to content-creating staff to build culture of higher-performing content.
- Educates other department staff on best practices in writing and optimizing for digital audiences.
- Works closely with digital strategy director and University Communications marketing and social media staff to determine approval and resource allocation for new digital products requested by partners across the university.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field required
- 6+ years of experience writing and implementing content and managing content strategy
Preferred Field of Expertise:
- Proven ability to define, monitor, and report key performance indicators to measure the value of content with experience developing consumer journeys, augmenting content strategy over time based on new learnings.
- Previous experience in content marketing or strategic communications within a large, multifaceted organization.
- Deep understanding of applying SEO, UX/UI, and design in the development of experience strategy.
- Experience in communications planning and delivery, versed in multiple creative design processes across a range of media.
- Strong writing and proofreading, editing, and communication skills with samples.
- Fluent in using WordPress or similar CMS, with experience using HTML/CSS to augment content and design.
Applications will not be considered complete without the following documents attached:
2) Cover Letter
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 5 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Thorough knowledge of marketing and management. Knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts, methodology, and techniques of marketing. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated creative and artistic skills.
REQ20103344 Posted Date: 07/25/2021 - Thru date - 2021-09-30 Apply