At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
E-Commerce Manager, BookstoreApply USC Auxiliary Services - Executive Staff Los Angeles, California
Being part of the Trojan Family means belonging to an amazing international community that reaches beyond cities, industries, and time. Owned and operated by USC, the USC Bookstores embrace talent, nurture skills, and support ambition! A thriving retail organization with nine physical locations, a booming online presence, and over $35 million in annual sales, USC Bookstores are dedicated to creating the Best USC Experience. The Best USC Experience means outstanding customer service, excellent products, and a great place to work. We are committed to USC students, staff, faculty, and fans whether they’re on campus or on the other side of the planet. Do you want to be part of a team that encourages growth, creativity, and connects you to the long-term career that you’ve been looking for? Join the Trojan Family at USC Bookstores!
We are seeking an E-Commerce Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
The E-Commerce Manager is a self-motivated, passionate, energetic, dependable, highly organized leader. They are an expert at e-commerce strategy and can improve the online guest experience to achieve Bookstore targets, while assisting the day-to-day functionality of the website and assisting in online marketing campaigns. This individual will work closely with all departments with the focus of driving online sales as well as overall company revenue.
- Responsible for driving online sales via marketing strategies & promotions.
- Drive revenue and profitability through SEO, email marketing, and other digital marketing initiatives.
- Develop creative ideas and improvements for site content, enhancements, and site functionality.
- Manage guest relations and Merchandising and Operations team to secure inventory for online sales.
- Prioritize and manage product lines to ensure quick and accurate posting to the website.
- Execute, document, and improve site operations and processes including merchandising, marketing, and creative roadmap.
- Compose monthly performance reports.
- Write product descriptions focused on improving organic rankings and edit product photography.
- Partner with the Senior Manager, Marketing on all marketing and promotional strategies for Direct Marketing.
- Supervise department employees and/or student workers. Screen, hire, and train department staff. Evaluate employee performance, providing guidance and feedback. Counsel, discipline, or terminate employees.
- Participate in planning and administration of e-commerce budget. Provide projections and report. Monitor expense and labor costs to meet budget guidelines.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all departmental and University policies and procedures, as well as applicable government and industry standards, and ensure adherence to them.
- Participate in strategic planning for department or section. Provide input and assist in developing goals and objectives. Participate in planning and implementing department programs, projects, and activities.
- Ensure purchases comply with internal and external requirements and regulations as well as good purchasing practice. Provide information to faculty and staff on government restrictions and regulations and University policy and procedures related to purchasing.
- Develop and implement security related procedures such as office opening and closing routines, recognition of duress signals and key controls. Coordinate security activities with University Public Safety Department. Promote and maintain standards for security conscious awareness and behavior. Maintain knowledge of University’s crime prevention and suppression programs and services. Ensure dissemination of security related information to staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Experience: 3 years
- Managerial, e-commerce, and marketing experience in a high-volume retail environment.
- Experience with a premium retail brand.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to supervise, coach, train, counsel, and hire employees.
- Budget development and control experience.
- Experience in affiliate marketing, SEO, SEM, email marketing and other digital marketing
What We Prefer:
- 5 years of directly related experience.
- Experience in University setting.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Managerial and purchasing experience in similar type of division.
REQ20056732 Posted Date: 04/02/2018 Apply