Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Engineer, Security II - IS Security - FT 8 Hour DaysApply IS Security Los Angeles, California
· An Associate’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
· Or the equivalent combination of experience and education that would demonstrate the capability to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
· PCI, HIPAA, NIST experience preferred
· One (or more) of the following security certifications: ISC2 certificates, GIAC certificates, CISM/A, CEH, etc.
· Security control concepts: physical, logical, administrative.
· Five (5) years’ experience in Information Security
· Healthcare experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
· Experience in working with and maintaining security systems
· Detailed technical knowledge of operating system security
· Hands on experience in security systems including: intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
· Experience with network security and networking technologies
· Experience with security systems and tools
· Understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
· Performs/follows all procedures to ensure the safety of Information Systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
· Ability to develop and implement IT security standards and procedures.
· Knowledge and understanding of IT industry trends and emerging technologies and an ability to relate them to the organization and its objectives.
· Knowledge of information security industry and regulatory obligations (PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, NIST Framework 800 series, etc.)
· Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
· Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
· Able to solve a range of problems in stessful situations
· Able to analyze possible solutions and assess each using standard procedures
· Able to effectively explain information and influence others in straightforward situations
· Able to make appropriate decisions within guidelines and policies
· Able to effectively prioritize own work to meet changing deadlines
· Provide after-hours and weekend on-call support for service-related issues.
REQ20069278 Posted Date: 01/08/2019 Apply