Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Facilities Assistant for Roski School of Art and Design and the Iovine and Young AcademyApply Los Angeles, California
USC & the Roski School of Art and Design and the Iovine and Young Academy
The University of Southern California, founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown LA and is the largest private employer in the City of LA. USC is one of the world’s leading private research universities, and is a global center for arts, technology, medicine, and international trade. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make USC what it is.
The USC Roski School of Art and Design is noted for its varied programs from the mastery of traditional skills, to the exploration of the newest technologies, to the production of cutting-edge contemporary art and design. The School’s renowned faculty of artists, designers, curators, scholars, and arts professionals provides students with creative, interpretive, and critical skills essential to the practices of art and design today. Instruction takes the form of studios, lectures, seminars, research, in which faculty energetically challenge fixed notions of art and culture, while inspiring students to develop an understanding of the value of art in society and take part in the vital artistic community of LA.
The USC Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy is a newly established program within the USC Roski School of Art and Design, created to teach critical thinking and nurture creativity at the intersection of three essential areas: art and design; engineering and computer science; and business and venture management. The focus of the Academy is on invention and conceptual thinking and a collaborative environment that will bring together multidisciplinary students, instructors and professional mentors.
The University of Southern California’s Roski School of Art and Design and the Iovine and Young Academy is seeking a Facilities Assistant to join its team.
The Facilities Assistant works with the Facilities Manager to ensure that The Roski School of Art and Design and Iovine and Young Academy facilities are in the best physical condition to support teaching and learning.
Major Job Accountabilities Include:
- Provides facilities related customer service to students, faculty, staff, and external customers. Meets customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and follows up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains professional friendly demeanor.
- Conducts routine maintenance inspection of facilities for deficiencies, safety hazards, and/or code violations, and ensures work included as part of service contracts is completed. Includes but is not limited to, field inspections of lighting, temperature, signage, and housekeeping.
- Conducts routine inspections of facility equipment and performs inventories.
- Prepares work requests and follows up on the status of maintenance jobs. Develops positive relationships and liaises with University Facility Management Services staff to ensure timely response and repairs.
- Assists with, gallery, classroom, studio, and office set-up and maintenance includes but is not limited to, touch up painting, furniture assembly and set-up, repair of studio equipment, and studio clean-out.
- Oversees facility maintenance staff and/or student workers. Prioritizes workload and assigns student workers where appropriate.
- Issues keys and maintains records. Provides keys for temporary access to staff and /or workers for repairs
- Implements security related procedures and ensures security measures are in place. Maintains keyless entry database related to access for buildings, individual classrooms, and studios.
- Makes purchases of materials and maintenance related items at the request of the Facilities Manager and maintains budget records accordingly.
USC is an equal-opportunity educator and employer, proudly pluralistic and firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding persons of every race, gender, creed and background. The University particularly encourages women, members of underrepresented groups, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. USC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Further information is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 6 - 12 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of computer software for tracking and maintenance of facilities project data, e.g., status and cost estimates.
REQ20040601 Posted Date: 02/17/2017 Apply