Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Family Care NavigatorApply Family Caregiver Support Center Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. USC is consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious universities, and the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology features one of the world’s best degree and research programs in gerontology. The USC Davis School has an international reputation as a hub of aging research and, with additional strong programs throughout the university, leads the way in defining and advancing the field of gerontology.
The USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology is seeking four (5) Family Care Navigators with strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills to join its team! These positions will be fixed term with an anticipated end date of employment of 6/30/2021. In this position, you will be required to have a valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation to conduct home visits, attend off-campus meetings, outreach events, and group sessions.
The Family Care Navigator provides a full range of clinical services to include assessment of family caregivers to older adults with multiple medical impairments or cognitive impairments including; case management, short-term treatment, referral, crisis intervention, and psycho-educational training. The position contributes to the design of program content and policies addressing family, personal and work-related issues of family caregivers, develops and conducts evidence-based training, support groups and education sessions for family caregivers, potential caregivers, and referral sources.
Our program is rapidly growing and we need superstars to join our current dynamic team. This is a full-time salaried position that will require substantial commitment and flexibility.Will require off-campus travel to client homes and meetings. Work schedule varies from 8:30 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday with some weekend work as needed. Office location will be off University Park Campus and on a temporary remote work status through this COVID19 period.
- Conducts caregiver intake, assessment and diagnostic sessions for individuals, couples, and families
- Provides referral, short-term counseling, case management, and crisis intervention services as appropriate
- Submits reports to the program as mandated by law.
- Leads clients to development of strategies for conflict resolution
- Reviews and evaluates client progress and establishes follow-up contact, case management
- Maintains confidential client records and reports
- Manages the delivery of services to targeted program participants or beneficiaries
- Maintains client records and documentation of services
- Plans and conducts caregiver support groups, education/training, and outreach (in-person, phone, internet)
- Recruits, trains and supervises volunteers and interns to assist with clinical, education and outreach activities
- Implements and provides support groups and education programs both in person, on the phone or web-based
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Education, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 2 plus years of experience in social work
- Must have a strong understanding of relevant university policy, including national standards and practices in relevant areas.
- Demonstrated experience with problem identification and conflict resolution.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, students, staff, and faculty.
- Demonstrated strong personal mastery, including ethics, interpersonal skills, and engage in continuous learning.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adjust to changing priorities, and performing well under pressure.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, extreme attention to detail, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
This position is funded by a research grant. Accordingly, this position is contingent upon receipt of the necessary funding from this or any subsequent grant to continue employment.
Benefits include a competitive salary, a rich array of USC benefits including healthcare (including dental and vision), tuition reimbursement, holidays, paid vacation, sick time, life insurance, and more.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.
If you are interested, please submit a fully completed application. Include a cover letter and resume with references. Thank you for your interest!
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Minimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as a substitute for the minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Social work. Required: Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
REQ20091353 Posted Date: 10/05/2020 Apply