At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Material Handler II, Purchasing & LogisticsApply USC Hospitality - Purchasing and Logistics Los Angeles, California
From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
With a multitude of event spaces throughout both campuses, Hospitality provides extraordinary banquets and high-quality catering service to ensure each event for our guests is memorable. The Vineyard Room, Town & Gown, and Bashor Lounge are a few of our most popular locations for meetings, gatherings, celebrations, and weddings. Our guests can take comfort in knowing that we have every detail covered, and our team will provide impeccable service for any day-of needs.
We are seeking a Material Handler II to join our rapidly growing Banquets & Catering team.
As the Material Handler II, you will have the opportunity to uphold Hospitality’s commitment to extraordinary customer service. The Material Handler will be responsible for receiving, processing and delivering all Hospitality orders and merchandise to its respective parties. With so many materials coming in on a daily basis, you will need to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all receivables and stock levels for Hospitality. We set high standards for our materials and stock, and expect that you will help us to further our pursuit of excellence!
- Transfer materials from stockroom, warehouse or other storage facility to ordering department and/or relocate materials within storage facility, as assigned. May be required to use hand truck, forklift, hoist, motorized conveyor or other material handling equipment.
- Accept incoming shipments upon arrival at dock. Remove merchandise from belt and move it to appropriate area of stockroom, if required.
- Examine records such as purchase orders, packing slips, waybills, logs, etc., to ensure completeness of all incoming shipments and accuracy of records.
- Maintain current inventory records of materials in stockroom and on order. Prepare inventory reports and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Match prices on invoices and price merchandise, if applicable.
- Process orders for delivery. Load and deliver merchandise to department, sales floor, or other designated location.
- Pick up and deliver materials across campus, as assigned.
- Prepare, pack, and ship all outgoing merchandise (including returns) according to department procedures.
- Maintain general order and cleanliness of area, including removal of trash, as assigned.
- Train and lead lower level employees in performing similar work.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Degree.
- Experience: 1 year.
- Shipping, receiving, and delivery experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
What We Prefer:
- 2 years of experience.
- Ability to provide direction to student and/or temporary workers.
- Experience with forklift.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic math skills.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
REQ20069083 Posted Date: 01/08/2019 Apply