Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Organizational Development (OD) Specialist, SeniorApply Finance Human Resources - FHR Director Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC)Finance Human Resources Divisionis seeking an Organizational Development (OD) Specialist, Senior to join its diverse and dynamic team! Finance HR provides strategic organizational direction in the areas of human resource planning and administration.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the OD Specialist, Sr. will play an integral role in the overall strategic organizational direction of Finance HR (Information Technology Services, CCD/FMS, Finance teams) by proactively addressing & responding to Organizational Development issues. The OD Specialist, Sr. will support the assessment of critical business issues and the implementation of practical consultative activities, specifically in the areas of leadership development, change management, succession planning, coaching, training and general interventions / team-building activities.
The OD Specialist, Sr. will also help facilitate and sustain the trainee “Apprenticeship Program,” and work closely with other business partners in its development. Additionally, the OD Specialist, Sr. will manage compliance training as it relates to meeting all safety requirements (i.e. facilitating/coordinating re-certification processes, etc.). Due to the nature of this position and its scope within the organization, the individual hired into this role will be expected to learn quickly, make early (proactive) contributions, demonstrate all around excellence, and embrace the USC culture.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
• Bring key stakeholders together to assess root causes and performance gaps, implement and/or support the implementation of appropriate interventions, including strategic planning, tactical and project planning, facilitation instruction, program design, materials development and performance analysis.
• Facilitate and sustain the trainee “Apprenticeship Program.” Work closely with other business partners in the development of this program.
• Manage compliance training and all compliance requirements as they relate to safety (i.e. facilitating/coordinating re-certification processes, etc.)
• Provide project management for organization-wide projects/initiatives as required, facilitating team efforts and helping to define project goals, timelines, resource requirements and planning.
• Provide organization-wide (business, department, work team) assessments about organization and team effectiveness.
• Identify and use instruments and surveys to analyze individual and group behavior and recommend strategies for making needed changes.
• Ability to coach staff at all levels of the organization to expand their leadership and change management competencies.
• Utilize knowledge of adult learning principles to recommend the most appropriate instructional methods and delivery based on learning outcomes, performance objectives, and known delivery constraints.
• Develop or manage implementation as-needed for client-specific learning programs including: instructor-led training materials, workshops, e-learning, tutorials, reference guides, job aids, blended learning, and presentations.
• Collect data and qualitative feedback on impact of programs and interventions, including developing reports and recommendations based on the feedback.
• Facilitate instructor-led workshops and learning events such as management skills, professional skills, team-building, mentoring, learning system processes, and cultural orientation as needed.
• Develop communications plan and materials in support of Learning and Operational Development (L&OD) initiatives.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The Preferred Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related discipline.
• 6 or more years of progressive professional experience in a Human Resources department.
• Certifications in Change Management, 360 and/or other coaching, workshop facilitation, team-building, instructional design are a plus.
• Ability to implement and facilitate leadership/management content, organizational effectiveness assessments and interventions such as team-building workshops, individual or team conflict.
• Ability to facilitate instructor-led workshops and learning events.
• Proficient implementing, analyzing, reporting survey & assessment data.
• Experience with eLearning authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate, etc.) a plus.
• Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity; (2) excellent verbal and written communications and presentations skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers and external parties; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and, (5) excellent computer and MS Office skills.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience in developing and conducting training classes. Development of instructional materials.
REQ20061209 Posted Date: 03/12/2019 Apply