At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
PBX Operator, RoomsApply USC Radisson - Rooms - Front Office Los Angeles, California
The city of Los Angeles boasts endless attractions and tourist destinations. Amongst all of the sights and sounds, the Radisson Midtown Hotel at USC offers a modern and convenient place to unwind, with 240 spacious, comfortable guest rooms and over 15,000 square feet of flexible event space. Owned and operated by the University of Southern California, and the site of a recent multi-million dollar renovation, the hotel features luxurious fabrics and artwork depicting the storied traditions of USC. Additional renovations, which include the restaurants and kitchens, are in the planning stage.
We are seeking a PBX Operator to join our rapidly growing team.
When our guests are in need of a helping hand, they will call the PBX Operator. As a fountain of USC and Trojan Family knowledge about USC, you will assist our visitors with issues that may arise. You will be the problem-solver for our guests and, as such, will need to treat them with warmth, positivity, and patience. We take our customer service seriously, and need you to show our guests just how much they mean to us!
- Provide courteous, efficient telephone service to guests and public. Accurately record messages and promptly notify guest or hotel employees.
- Provide wake-up calls to guest rooms.
- Provide guest with local directions and general information in a courteous and accurate manner.
- Maintain an accurate listing with current status of all registered guests.
- Act as central communications point during emergency situations by having thorough knowledge of safety and security procedures and having phone numbers of local fire, police, and poison control.
- Operate in-house paging system as well as base communications with security and maintenance departments.
- Follow-up with call-backs to ensure that guest amenity requests and assistance for engineering/housekeepers have been addressed. This includes fax/envelope deliveries to rooms and any other concerns dealing with celebrities.
- Coordinate all emergencies according to established procedures.
- Block rooms as necessary.
- Operate and explain TDD operation for guests as necessary.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time. Will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Will be required to work in a fast paced environment. May be asked to work overtime.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 1 year.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
What We Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 years of customer service experience in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Ability to oversee student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
- Prior switchboard experience.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
High school or equivalent
6 - 12 months
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Experience with switchboard or multi-line telephone system, handling a high volume of
incoming calls. Excellent written and verbal skills. Excellent customer service skills.
REQ20048942 Posted Date: 09/26/2017 Apply