"The University of Southern California is committed to excellence in teaching through strategies that foster the knowledge, skills, relationships, and values necessary for students to make real contributions in a rapidly changing world. USC is an equitable and diverse research university, and we recognize the many ways inclusivity strengthens our campus community. Our superb faculty have the exceptional responsibilities of creating new knowledge and instructing and guiding our passionate, hardworking student body" –Elizabeth Graddy, Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner-Clinical Instructor of Medicine (Practitioner)Apply Keck School of Medicine Faculty Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
The USC Keck School of Medicine, Division of Geriatric, Hospital, Palliative and General Internal Medicine (GHPGIM) is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our team at our private practice sites at the Keck Medical Center of USC. We have locations on the Health Sciences Campus and satellite locations throughout the city. This is a full time Clinical Instructor of Medicine (Practitioner), faculty position. The successful candidate will assist our faculty with our “same day” service, will see new and established patients, hospital discharges, and assist with electronic communications with our patients, along with other clinically related responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducts in-depth interviews with patient and obtains medical histories
- Identifies and records pertinent progress of patients, updating and summarizing charts, changing orders when appropriate and notifying the responsible physician of changes in patients’ conditions
- Performs appropriate physical examinations and procedures such as injections and immunizations
- Develops and implements patient management plans, including the coordination of referrals to specialty and social services
- Directly performs or orders appropriate diagnostic studies
- Initiates consultations and monitors scheduling of patients for diagnostics studies
- Performs and/or interprets common laboratory, radiological, and other routine diagnostic testing
- Writes appropriate medication prescriptions
- Electronic communication with patients via our patient portal
- Maintains compliance with established University and department policies and procedures, quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control and complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Participates in in-service education programs and professional associations.
- Possession of current certificate of completion from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications
- 2 years’ experience in ambulatory and/or acute care setting preferred
- Highest level of professionalism.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to function on a team.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic proficiency in computer-based medical record retrieval, data entry, and database programs.
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
The University of Southern California strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Competitive salary and benefits are offered and commensurate with experience.
REQ20068047 Posted Date: 01/28/2021 Apply