Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Post Award AdministratorApply Viterbi School of Engineering Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California’s Information Sciences Institute (ISI), located in Marina del Rey, California is a major contributor to the nation’s information technology knowledge base. Part of the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, ISI is actively engaged in a broad spectrum of information processing research and in the development of advanced computer technologies. ISI primarily conducts federally sponsored research with annual revenues in excess of $100M.
* This position is located in Marina del Rey, CA.*
The USC Information Sciences Institute is seeking a Post Award Administrator (Contracts & Grants Administrator III) to deliver focused Post Award Administration Services.
Responsibilities include handling all aspects of Post Award Administration including:
- Evaluating and processing modifications to Contracts, Cooperative Agreements and Grants including changes to Terms and Conditions, Obligated Scope and Funding, and impacts on deliverables.
- Assisting project leaders and administrative staff with contractual compliance and resolution of issues;
- Initiating requests for sponsor approvals such as travel, budget changes, no cost extension requests, limitations of funds notifications;
- Preparing and processing account budgets and changes to budgets
- Initiating Purchase requests and change orders for subcontracts/subgrants;
- Preparation and submission of reports into various sponsor systems;
- Entering modifications contractual and financial information into database;
- Assistance with subaward processing.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study;
- Four years of demonstrated experience negotiating and administering government FAR/DFAR based contracts or subcontracts;
- Budget development and proposal preparation experience;
- Hands-on computer experience with Windows-based application software- e.g. EXCEL and WORD, as well as Adobe Acrobat;
- Experience with grants and grant terms based on DODGAR’s and FDP;
- Experience with FAR and DFAR based Contracts and Subcontracts;
- Strong written and oral communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a high-energy team environment with a wide variety of technical and administrative personnel; and
- A results-oriented focus with the demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive issues and meet deadlines.
- Related undergraduate degree with three years of contracts and grants administration experience.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Related undergraduate study, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Contracts and Grants Administration
REQ20108295 Posted Date: 10/11/2021 Apply